PRSi sighting... Tom Johnston (Doobies)

WD 3D

Green is the new blue...
Saw them last night, fun show. They opened for Steely Dan - and Keith Carlock is a monster drummer. Great night of music and nice to see Tom still sporting PRSi (notice he had 2 cabs behind him also. He switched between 2 PRS guitars their entire set.

My girlfriend tapped me on the shoulder and exclaimed "oh look! He plays "birds" too". Apparently PRSi are now referred to as "birds" in our house.
2a2RCsY.jpg

I get the birds comments too. I snagged an NF3 a couple of months ago. I opened the case to show the Mrs and she says, "I thought you said it was a PRS? It doesn't have birds!" Then, for good measure, she tossed out this pearl, "It looks like a Fender." :eek:

It’s also for sale... coincidence?

I get the birds comments too. I snagged an NF3 a couple of months ago. I opened the case to show the Mrs and she says, "I thought you said it was a PRS? It doesn't have birds!" Then, for good measure, she tossed out this pearl, "It looks like a Fender." :eek:
Clearly you got the wrong one.

When I came home with the EG, she asked why I bought a guitar without birds...
"but honey, this IS a PRS!"
well then where are the birds?!
"um, this is a special model where they flew away?"

Back