PRS Wood Library Custom 24 Quilt 10 Top Left Handed - Charcoal w/ Brazilian 198. on Ebay seems a scam right?

Noah Jender

$3,800 buy it now seems way too cheap, wood library with Brazilian board, not much info and very small pictures that I'm positive I've seen somewhere else, gotta be too good to be true don't you think?
s-l500.jpg

Maybe it's the left handed part that's throwing me but the knobs and switch don't look right. Who's the seller?

Maybe it's the left handed part that's throwing me but the knobs and switch don't look right. Who's the seller?

Agreed, tone knob and switch placement in particular don't seem to be right. But I'm no expert, just a dude looking at pictures on the interwebz.

I'm gonna say real deal. Here's one for sale with the same control layout. Could be that the toggle gets a different location than the blade, or, since it is a WL, the dealer spec'd it that way.

EDIT: Perhaps all Cu24 with the toggle instead of the blade, get that layout. Here is one I owned.

D9HAVv4.jpg

A company called Garland Computer, it just seems too cheap, also they're offering shipping to the UK, but you can't with a Brazilian board.

I wouldn't be scared off by the price. Plenty of wood libraries out there in that price range. If you're suspect do some more due diligence on the guitar and seller. Use PayPal for even more protection.

The image looks like it’s from C&M Music outta Louisiana.

I’ve bought from them, and would absolutely recommend that shop. Excellent service and a great price on the Custom 24 Piezo I picked up from them.

However, with the seller being named Garland Computer, it would be enough to give me pause. Lots of sellers out there will use the guitars original listing photos to advertise a guitar they’re selling. But there’s also a ton of scammers out there who “rob” photos from legit listings and then scam duped buyers.

I’d do plenty of due-dillegence before being comfortable making the plunge in this circumstance.

Edit: I found the original listing from C&M music…looks like it sold a while ago.

https://reverb.com/item/57455681-pr...-w-brazilian-fb-smoked-hdw-198?show_sold=true

From this, I’d be very cautious and more inclined to steer clear. But that’s me….

Last edited:
I have seen a few deals every day over the last month or so that make me go "wow, I sure wish I had some cash right now". I think the market is softening a bit and the deals are starting to show up more frequently. I don't see $3800 being a OMG price, too good to be true. It is a good deal, but nothing to write home about IMO. Obviously, do your due diligence and research the seller a bit, but the price alone would not make me think scam ;~)) Good luck, great looking guitar, mustachio and all!!!

I'm gonna say real deal. Here's one for sale with the same control layout. Could be that the toggle gets a different location than the blade, or, since it is a WL, the dealer spec'd it that way.

EDIT: Perhaps all Cu24 with the toggle instead of the blade, get that layout. Here is one I owned.

D9HAVv4.jpg
The green lefty PRS is making me more sceptical, it's nearly $1k dearer without the wild top and Brazilian board
The image looks like it’s from C&M Music outta Louisiana.

I’ve bought from them, and would absolutely recommend that shop. Excellent service and a great price on the Custom 24 Piezo I picked up from them.

However, with the seller being named Garland Computer, it would be enough to give me pause. Lots of sellers out there will use the guitars original listing photos to advertise a guitar they’re selling. But there’s also a ton of scammers out there who “rob” photos from legit listings and then scam duped buyers.

I’d do plenty of due-dillegence before being comfortable making the plunge in this circumstance.

Edit: I found the original listing from C&M music…looks like it sold a while ago.

https://reverb.com/item/57455681-pr...-w-brazilian-fb-smoked-hdw-198?show_sold=true

From this, I’d be very cautious and more inclined to steer clear. But that’s me….
Thanks for that, I knew I had seen it before, and the fact it was being offered for only $3,800 had my radar up (nearly half the price of C&M) Ebay have pulled it, so it looks like we were both right, if it's too good to be true it usually is, but there are so few lefties out there it's easy to be tempted

Back