Price Check Aisle 5 UPDATE

Joe M

I've got a line on a McCarty double cut with P90's. Moon inlays, wrap bridge. Not sure of DOM, guessing early 2000's. Extremely clean except for one eraser-size chip on the underside edge of the body. No noticeable fretwear. Original case. Not a ten top, but still pretty nice. I know these are fairly rare. What would be a fair offer to the seller?

Thanks in advance.

Not “super rare” but I’d say 1300-1700 would be a range I’d pay given the description of condition, no birds, and non 10 top.

Depends where you live. In Europe you'd look at 2k.

Even without picture: my black korina McSoapy with noons is my 2nd favourite guitar, so my approval you'll get in advance ;-)

Not “super rare” but I’d say 1300-1700 would be a range I’d pay given the description of condition, no birds, and non 10 top.
Yep, this is a good range for it. I paid less for my 95, but I hunted for a long time to find it.
GzOa0wS.jpg

It’s a weird market. We’ve been discussing it in several posts. The cheapest I saw one on Reverb was $1699. Most were significantly above that. It’s not a great time to be on the buying end, but there’s no harm in venturing a fair offer. Every now and again, you can still find a bargain if you stick to your price.

Last edited:
It’s a weird market. We’ve been discussing it in several posts. The cheapest I saw one on Reverb was $1699. Most we’re significantly above that. It’s not a great time to be on the buying end, but there’s no harm in venturing a fair offer. Every now and again, you can still find a bargain if you stick to your price.
This one?
It's in my watchlist... lol
PRS McCarty Soapbar 2000 https://reverb.com/item/66614422?ut...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=66614422

Well, I brought the guitar home today and what a killer it is! Really like the P90's, never have been a fan of any HB's. Probably paid a bit too much, but as RickP said, prices for these are all over the board, when you can find one for sale. Oh, FWIW, according to the serial number, it's a 2002. Thanks for all the advice.

Well, I brought the guitar home today and what a killer it is! Really like the P90's, never have been a fan of any HB's. Probably paid a bit too much, but as RickP said, prices for these are all over the board, when you can find one for sale. Oh, FWIW, according to the serial number, it's a 2002. Thanks for all the advice.
Congrats!!! Enjoy!

Cleaned it all up, didn't really need much, put a fresh set of strings on her, and she's good to go. Sure would like to share a pic or two, but don't know how with this format....and before anyone mentions, I don't use any type of hosting site, is there another way to post?

EDIT: Just found a way to use a pic in my avatar....there it is...

Cleaned it all up, didn't really need much, put a fresh set of strings on her, and she's good to go. Sure would like to share a pic or two, but don't know how with this format....and before anyone mentions, I don't use any type of hosting site, is there another way to post?

EDIT: Just found a way to use a pic in my avatar....there it is...
Looks great

Back