Older Singlecuts/250's/245's/SC58's/Ted's: Trash or Treasure?

I love Teds

e129dbdf1ba8d477e8c0853eda7a9ca7--the-movie-ted.jpg

Last edited:
My first PRS was a 2002 SC with the #7s that I bought in Alaska when hunting for a Les Paul, she was named Smokey. After a few years playing her stock I removed the pickup covers and added a coil split (required some surgery) to each pickup using push pull tone pots. I ended up selling her a few years later to purchase Begonia my 408 Standard. Then I got bit by the singlecut bug again and traded my West Street LTD for a Singlecut Hollowbody II with a one piece quilt to flame 10-top and back, she is loaded with a great set of slightly microphonic 57/08s that I LOVE the sound and feel of.
I agree with the choice of a Stripped 58 as I've had the pleasure of playing a couple of fine examples. They have the shorter more Lester-like scale length, the two piece bridge and 57/08s.

However if your more into metal than blues/classic rock I'd go for a Tremonti (which I haven't seen mentioned yet). The Tremonti has the 25" scale (or 25.5 on the baritone LTD they just did), an up-routed trem for the crazy stuff and it possesses a CRUSHING bridge pickup, I believe the neck pickup is based on the #7 if it is not an actual #7 (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm selling not buying, not by choice. While selling I keep an eye on the Ted market. I'll say that much. Also Siggy Limited (in case some are available out there). Maybe SCT or McTrem too.

Whoa whoa whoa... you crazy. :p
Yeah, I just never played the West Street. I was too afraid of scratching or dinging her plus she was pretty heavy, but I play Lake (my SCHBII) every day. so I may have taken a hit value wise in the trade but I now have a guitar that I look forward to (and I actually dream about) playing.

SERG

How about a white singlecut hollowbody 2? I have one that is killer. Totally recommend. If you want to borrow it for a bit let me know what you want to swap and I will ship it to you to try out the sc realm.

Last edited:
Back