OK tell me about the DC3

alphasports

Hi guys

I have a line on a mint 2011 DC3 in Powder Blue...what up wit dat? FWIW in PRS I have a core '08 Mira (korina), an '06 CE24, and a '12 Studio...DC3 is single coil but anything else worth noting? I just like the look of it, no idea beyond that, have not seen it or played it in person though that is possible (40 miles away)

Cheers

I consider it one of the can’t miss models, with excellent single coil sounds. Because, as guitar players, we’re driven by tradition, it was looked at as a Strat. It’s not a Strat, sounding both more full and not shrill, and having nice 2 & 4 position quack. It didn’t sell well, so it was discontinued. I’m not a Strat guy, but this has less noise and more cojones than most strats. Play it before you buy, unless you’ve listened to every YouTube demo and believe this will do it for you.

It’s in that great sweet spot between PRS and Fender scale. I think it does the Strat thing better than most strats.

Super comfortable and just an all around great guitar.

Great PRS feel and quality , Modern radius ( 10" ) great full single coil sound , 25 1/4 " scale , simple control layout and can be had at a very reasonable price.
The neck shape is smaller than the Silver Sky.
Really liked mine ( sergios ) but the SS just spoke to me even more.

Back