NGD: Private Stock McCarty Singlecut in Custom Orange Glow Smokeburst!

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
Epic NGD here today!! My sixth personally spec'ed Private Stock, and I think it is my most magnificent creation to-date!

(My first, the Jade Glow DC 245, still remains my sentimental favorite.)

PS%2B5334%2B01.jpg

I love one-piece quilt tops, but I purposely picked this one to be more subtle, to go with the "Vintage Vibe" I was going for in this guitar.
PS%2B5334%2B02.jpg

The Board is so amazing, outrageously beautiful - great job in picking this one, Alan and Eric C!
PS%2B5334%2B03.jpg

PS%2B5334%2B04.jpg

PS%2B5334%2B05.jpg

PS%2B5334%2B06.jpg

Great mineral streaks in this top, I was hoping they would show like this, really adds to the Vintage feel, despite the one-piece quilt top...
PS%2B5334%2B08.jpg

The Binding is stained Yellow like the Faded McCarty Burst MSC's - really gives it that Historic LP vibe!
PS%2B5334%2B09.jpg

Antique Natural back with the "Microburst" finish from the Collection DGT, gorgeous!
PS%2B5334%2B10.jpg

Gold MOP Old Birds with MOP Outlines, very "Vintage"! Did I mention that the grain and the tones in the Board are to die for?
PS%2B5334%2B14.jpg

Finish is a Custom Orange Glow Smokeburst that I had done before, but this time asked Paul Miles to do with more Yellow in the middle, and he NAILED IT! Exactly what I was looking for.

I did not stray one bit from the MSC formula, just gave it my touches in top, birds, , finish, etc. It sounds AMAZING, as good if not better than my first two MSC's!

Thanks Alan, Eric and the PS team, WELL DONE!!

Let me be the first to say how spectacular that thing is, Pete!

I love it. Just gorgeous, tasteful, all the good adjectives. So...tone report?

Alan and Eric. C, you guys picked out some tremendous wood. the top is outstanding, but the fingerboard has me rethinking how i look at boards.

Pete, still cant believe this didnt come with and Archon :vroam:

BTW, here is the original set of woods for reference:

IMG_0920.JPG

It originally was going to be a DC 245, but when I fell in love with the MSC model, I changed it to the MSC spec. All is good though, I went back there two months later in October with Eric to spec out another killer DC 245! ;)

So...tone report?

Tone is terrific! Very much like my other 2 MSC's, if not just a hair better. It is amazing how consistently great the tone is on every MSC, of the four that I have played. More so than any other PRS model before it, for me.

Pete, still cant believe this didnt come with and Archon :vroam:

Yeah, I am not gigging as much these days, say I am pretty set with the amps I have, the Sewell and the Friedman SS100 at home and the 2 Channel H and the 4x10 up in Ottawa for when I do gig...

Still on my list to check out! ;)

Back