New(to me) 1999 Archtop II Teal Black(double 10 top , one piece top and back, Brazilian board, gold hardware

Jostein

Looks Brand new! Pretty stoked My fourth PRS. Ben wanting one of those since 1999. I played at leas 6 of them, this one is the best in terms of sounds and feel. I made demo videos of two fantastic Private Stock Archops for CR Guitars, this one speaks to me even more. Using it on it's first gig tomorrow. Jazz trio.
More Photo's and also demos dow the road to come. Please feel free to post pictures and videos of your own PRS arch tops, no Hollowbody models or other brands.
Lets make this a PRS Archtop love fest!
Trying to figure out how to post pictures here, meanwhile the guitar is in my avatar.
I actually used it on a recording session last night with drummer extraordinaire Adam Nussbaum( Michael Brecker, John Scofield, John Abercrombie) and it sounded incredible! Can’t wait to share some music with it.

Last edited:
She’s THICK!;):)
Most of my guitars are “He’s”, but this one is definitely a “She”.
immediately upon its arrival, my girlfriend, who’s a professional Hip-Hop dancer from Thailand with many TV credits , named the guitar after herself! Her Nickname is “Nong”, so the guitar was named “Nong Green” I had absolutely no saying in it whatsoever! Haha!

Thanks! She’s a looker! I Forgot to mention that it has a quilted maple top.l and back. It was too easy to play set up with 11’s and low action, so raised it considerably. I also put a 12 and a 16 top which was suitable for the straight ahead Jazz trio gig I had. The guitar delivered in spades through a small Quilter. Instant Wes/Metheny/Grant Green type sounds.
Basically this guitar sounds straight up like an ES-175 but with more clarity. Even with the tone rolled all the way off it is defined. The quilted maple really adds some warmth too and the Brazilian Rosewood board must add a lot to the flavor as well. The bassist was seriously impressed by the sounds and vibes from this guitar. He is from Italy and is one of the top musicians in NYC as beyond. He has seen and heard a lot of guitars. I don’t like these pickups in my PRS Hollowbody Spruce, but they sound absolutely delicious in this Arhctop II

Last edited:
If I didn't already have a custom shop Heritage H575 ( the hand carved ES 175 by the original luthiers) I'd snag one in a hearbeat . My HBII will have to do inthe interim

That is a dream for me! Great score!! It will probably take me about as long to get one as it took you to get yours (and if it happens to be my next, it would be my 4th PRSi as well), but that is OK, I am patient ;~)) Please share a full on centerfold spread type photo shoot when you get a chance ;~)) Congrats and enjoy!!!

That is a dream for me! Great score!! It will probably take me about as long to get one as it took you to get yours (and if it happens to be my next, it would be my 4th PRSi as well), but that is OK, I am patient ;~)) Please share a full on centerfold spread type photo shoot when you get a chance ;~)) Congrats and enjoy!!!
Maybe I will get my Thai girlfriend to join those centerfold pics! lol. She’s not too ugly!

Last edited:
There's a nice 02 up in Nashville ..... in Tortiseshell .. same as my Triple soapy ... oh what a couple they'd make .... drool
yueizlcbcnj6svrypck7.jpg

Maybe I will get my Thai girlfriend to join those centerfold pics! lol. She’s not too ugly!
Considering she has chosen to name your guitar after herself, I think her presence in such a display would be not only appropriate, but highly encouraged (at least from this camp)! Looking forward to it!!

Back