New SE TRemonti

Johnnyboy94

So Guitar Center has this SE Tremonti that I have never seen before. It has a ton of USA PRS features, and is cheaper than the other ones ($416 at my local GC) I dont see this on other websites, or on the PRS Site. Any explanation as to whats up with this Guitar? any info would help. thanks.

not atm. Ive only seen it in the GC Buyers guide, so maybe I could take a picture of it and upload from my ipod. Ill see how that works.

But it has the PRS Autograph Headstock Inlay, full Birds, and "Mark Tremonti" on the 12th fret

They probably used a pic of one of the USA models. Sadly, I doubt the guitar in the picture is the guitar they're selling for that price. That sounds like one of his older USA sig models, I think they had his name on the 12th fret for a while. I browse through the GC flyers when I get them and they always have a bunch of mistakes in them. BUT if you're interested you should call your local store and check it out.

I would imagine the regular SE Tremonti is going to be phased out now that the SE Tremonti Custom is on the scene, that's probably why they're blowing out the SE Tremonti at such a low price.

I thought it was a Misprint so I asked the guys at my local Guitar Center, and they said no that its not a misprint, its like some GC-only version of the SE, and that they are only getting one per month. Im gonna stop in there on my Birthday (Aug. 2nd) to check the next one they get out(this months sold rather speedily). if the guys were right, I could be in for a pretty frickin sweet guitar for a pretty frickin sweet price.

I thought it was a Misprint so I asked the guys at my local Guitar Center, and they said no that its not a misprint, its like some GC-only version of the SE, and that they are only getting one per month. Im gonna stop in there on my Birthday (Aug. 2nd) to check the next one they get out(this months sold rather speedily). if the guys were right, I could be in for a pretty frickin sweet guitar for a pretty frickin sweet price.

Reading this definitely generated some excitement. But I don't see any way they can list that guitar with those specs for $416. I've seen the ad and it looks like a Tremonti I. Also, I don't put a lot of trust in anyone that works at guitar center. I've seen past ads where they have pictures of "New" SEs mislabelled at older model prices. Like I said in another thread, I can't tell if this is on accident or on purpose to bring customers in. People think they are going to get a 2013 model at a 2009's price. I wouldn't put it past them.

I asked the guys at my local Guitar Center, and they said no that its not a misprint, its like some GC-only version of the SE, and that they are only getting one per month. Im gonna stop in there on my Birthday (Aug. 2nd) to check the next one they get out(this months sold rather speedily). if the guys were right, I could be in for a pretty frickin sweet guitar for a pretty frickin sweet price.

It was a misprint. Im sorry you were led to believe what is obviously complete fabrication. They should have said "I have no idea, let me find out for you."

I can't tell if this is on accident or on purpose to bring customers in. People think they are going to get a 2013 model at a 2009's price. I wouldn't put it past them.

Trust me, it is never intentional and meant to deceive. The people who work at GC corporate and produce the buyers guide are typically not experienced retail employees or even musicians in some cases. They work in a cubicle and stare at a screen all day. Errors happen.

well that makes me sad lol. i was really psyched. oh well. I guess Ill just stick with the SE Tremonti in Cherry. another question I'd like to ask is since above someone suggested that the old SE Tremontis are being pushed out for the Special Edition or w/e SE Tremonti to take over, will the special have a carved top in the future, or will it stay flat?

The SE Tremonti has always had a slightly beveled top, maybe a little more pronounced on the Custom. You can see in the photos below (2009 Black and 2012 Purple Burst). This is as carved as you're going to get currently, but it is still a huge upgrade to the flat-top Custom 24s and 22s and others made pre-2012.
IMG_2347.JPG

image.jpg

Back