My Bernie

Wally1

I've been a PRS player since 1998 and when the original Singlecut came out in 2000 it became my main guitar for gigging/recording until around 2008 or so when I gravitated towards Gibson Historic Les Pauls. I've always still followed PRS and admired the guitars. A couple of months ago I saw an ebay seller selling Bernie Marsden SE's for cheap. I took a chance and it payed off. Killer guitar in every way. The neck is amazing. It plays and sounds incredible. I did put a John Mann 2300 adjustable stoptail on it. Hard to believe you can get a guitar this nice for the price. The Mann bridge is a work of art and and really fits the guitar. My main guitars are jealous of the Bernie!

I had exactly the same experience, it really is no exaggeration that the Bernie is one hell of a guitar for the money.

Confirmed. I've got a 2012 Bernie. The most cost-effective money I've ever spent on an electric guitar, hands-down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Wally! How have you been?
I remember you from the old place and that Platinum Silver Singlecut you use to have!

@ DISTORT6 Hey man, I'm doing well! Thanks for asking. That Platinum singlecut was my main squeeze for years. I'm still a PRS fan and have been reading here for a long time I just don't post much.

This Bernie has really impressed me. I had one a couple years ago and never bonded with it. It came from MF with razor sharp fret ends. I took a chance on this one and really glad I did. For a guitar that cost so little to hang with my Historic Les Pauls says a lot. I really cant believe it at the price point.

@ DISTORT6 Hey man, I'm doing well! Thanks for asking. That Platinum singlecut was my main squeeze for years. I'm still a PRS fan and have been reading here for a long time I just don't post much.

This Bernie has really impressed me. I had one a couple years ago and never bonded with it. It came from MF with razor sharp fret ends. I took a chance on this one and really glad I did. For a guitar that cost so little to hang with my Historic Les Pauls says a lot. I really cant believe it at the price point.

Cool! I'm glad all is well!
There's a lot of love for those Bernie's out there and I may need to try one.
I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing your old Singlecut when you sold it! But just like now, it'$ not in the cards. I do have a Cu22 in that color, though! ;)

OH! Those Mann bridges are the best. I have one on my 00 Singlecut. The only bad thing about them is that I need about 7 more. :D

Bernie stock is a killer guitar. But that bridge... paired with black - stunning. I'd be tempted to switch hardware cosmetics to the Black Beauty look (gold hb covers, black rings, gold tuners).

Back