Music themed beer

AndrewB

Just like the title says what beer have you sampled (and where is the brewery) that has a music theme. Either tie in to an instrument or song title.
Here’s my list at the moment
American Beauty- Dogfishhead Delaware
The Trooper- Robinson’s Great Britain
Dreadnought- Tonewood New Jersey
Love Gun- Heavy Riff St Louis
King Porter Stomp - Cape May Brewing New Jersey

sure I’m forgetting something...

Black Tongue - Signature Brew (Mastodon)

Opeth Communion Pale Ale - Northern Monk Brew Co.

Singlecut - Half Stack IPA
Singlecut - 18 Watt IPA (I assume this is guitar amp related maybe?? Although I can't think of an 18w guitar amp off hand.)
Singlecut - Softly Spoken Magic Spells DIPA (Pink Floyd Breath)
Singlecut - Acoustic Unfiltered Pilsner
Singlecut - Full Stack DDH DIPA
Singlecut - Reverb vs. Delay Sour
Singlecut - All That Is Now DDH DIPA (Pink Floyd Eclipse)
Singlecut - Hairy Doesn't Mind DDH DIPA (I assume from Sultans of Swing)
Singlecut - Does Anybody Remember Laughter? IPA (from Stairway to Heaven live)

The guys who make Singlecut clearly like classic rock and play guitar. there are a ton more of beers with a music theme. (6V6, Fuzzbox, Out of Phase, etc...) Check out their site. https://singlecut.com/

My local brewery (Buttonwoods Brewery) does a music night where I think people bring in records. They've got a few music themed beer but not like Singlecut. They have;
Hip Hop is Dead IPA
Bring Disco Back IPA

Enter Night - Arrogant Consortia
AC/DC Rock Or Bust - Karlsberg Brauerei

Budweiser - F Yeah Murica!! Sweet Home Alabama
Pabst - Loan me a buck for the convenience store and I need a shave. Jeremy
Miller - Here's your buck, get a shave. REM
Michelob - Don't give him any money. Duran Duran
Bud Light - What's beer??? Lynyrd Skynyrd
Carling - I was young once. Lawrence Welk
Kostrizer - They something wrong with this beer, it's black. Seig Heil!! DU Hast
San Miguel - Take me America, buy me air condition honda and plenty Salem sticks..Rapture

No guitars were insulted in this production...

Last edited:
This is admittedly a little off topic. It isn't a beer with a music theme, but an ad for a beer. And it relates to that other guitar company. But I just always thought this commercial somewhat cool.

c4VDrJf.jpg

These are the ones I’ve had. The Trooper Iron Maiden as well.

Bitches Brew- I loved this and bought several bottles when tried it. Not my normal style, but it was SO good. I took one to a band rehearsal and oddly we had a 30 minute improv jam. I actually felt extra creative while drinking it. :)

Clutch- I didn’t care for much. Barrel aged or something. It had a pungent flavor that just didn’t sit well with me.

Mastodon- liked it ok but I honestly don’t remember much about it.

Deftones- I like this a lot. They just finally started stocking it in stores here. I’ve been wanting to try it for awhile now. It could be a regular for me. Not super hoppy, but enough to satisfy my taste. Good fruity notes, but not overbearing.

I tend to be a seasonal drinker, I’ll go a little lighter in the hot months and a little darker when it’s cold. I could drink the Deftones all year around. I don’t know all the ins and outs and technical jargon on brewing. I’m surprised I haven’t geeked out and learned some basics at least. Maybe I’m getting lazy.

Back