Motorsports Fans?

Goldtop

A Top (and Heart) of Gold
I'm a big Drag Racing fan, and the season starts this weekend in Pomona California, so I'm excited. (REAL drag racing, as opposed to what the fools do on the streets all too often these days.) Thousand foot track, zero to 330+ MPH in just over four seconds. 'Top Fuelers. Funnies. Pro Stockers. See "Big Daddy" Don Garlits! See "Jungle Jim"! See "The Mongoose take on his arch rival "The Snake"! Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Smell the Nitro! BE THERE!!'

What about you? Are there any other motorsports fans out there? NHRA? IHRA? Formula 1? NASCAR? IMSA? Carts? Hot Wheels?

Goldtop Lloyd

I love almost all real racing. This year's Daytona race was a pretty good one, we've still got four weeks before F1 starts and the Sebring 12 Hour race. Drag racing is fun to watch but it's over too quick. Instead of running a 1/4 mile, they should run 100 or 200 miles. :vroam:

I love almost all real racing. This year's Daytona race was a pretty good one, we've still got four weeks before F1 starts and the Sebring 12 Hour race. Drag racing is fun to watch but it's over too quick. Instead of running a 1/4 mile, they should run 100 or 200 miles. :vroam:

I'd go for that, but I doubt if the financial advisors would. I know they shortened the length of the races for the fuel classes from 1/4 mile to thousand feet for the sake of safety, but I miss the old 1/4 mile days myself. Long, smokey burnouts, dry hops, 1000 HP per cylinder... Good now, but not the same.

Goldtop

When I was 13, my Dad gave me a VW-powered red sand rail. We lived in the sticks so it was easy to get in it and disappear for a few hours without bothering anyone.

When I got to High School I was grounded all the time. It just sat in the garage. One day one of my Dad's buddies came over to take measurements of the frame so he could build his own. My dad told him to just take it over to his shop and return in the following weekend. That never happened. The dude got drunk and took it for a joy ride. He crashed it and ended up with some serious injuries. I never got my buggy back.

One of these days, when I have the room, I'll build another. This time around it will probably be a cross between a sand rail and an XRRA rock racer. A local guy makes Rover-based buggies so that's a likely choice. All this one needs is a plexiglass windscreen, snap on side windows (for rain), and a roof rack for camping gear.

main.php

That's way cool Hans!

I'm in to bikes, I watch MotoGP and super happy that Rossi is competitive again this year now I have no Aussie to follow!

I miss my bikes. I had 3 when I got married. Fatherhood came along and I just couldn't take the risk anymore.

I sure miss this one.

996Ducati_zps487a2286.jpg

Back