\m/ treble vs 59/09 ?

Aris17561

Hello has anyone used \m/ treble pickup and 5909 on the bridge ? According to the charts they have pretty much tha same output but I think that the 5909 which I own right now is not a very metal pickup and I consider replacement with a pickup with a significant more output. Have asked a similar question in the past but i havent realised the the m is being produced in uncovored version so it was out of the game. Now is on...

Hello has anyone used \m/ treble pickup and 5909 on the bridge ? According to the charts they have pretty much tha same output but I think that the 5909 which I own right now is not a very metal pickup and I consider replacement with a pickup with a significant more output. Have asked a similar question in the past but i havent realised the the m is being produced in uncovored version so it was out of the game. Now is on...
I have not but I always wanted to try that exact combination. I love the 5909 neck pickup and a more “ballsy” bridge pup.

The \m/ is hotter than 59/09 and also sound harsh given dual ceramic magnets on both positions. I've used 2 \m/ treble pups in diferent guitars, core CU24 and Modern Eagle Quatro. It went well with mahogany neck CU24 IMHO.

Here is how \m/ treble sounds in my ME through Mesa Mark V head with a Mesa cab loaded with V30 speaker.

The \m/ is hotter than 59/09
Is it significantly hotter that 5909 ? Or just a bit ? Cause I feel 5909 is more like a paf rock pup and I need a punchy and powerful bridge pup... if m is not a very powerful pup I better go with some bare knuckles.

Back