Luminous bird inlays for PRS?

You can get bird mudflaps with chrome trim for your truck, too!
UN1-DCK.jpg

But I don't know why you'd want them when you can get these...

images

Seriously, who would put luminous green bird stickers over their real bird inlays on a PRS?? Does not compute.

I don't play in the dark often, and if I did, seeing the birds but not my fingers wouldn't be of much help to me.

Neat :)

I always thought it would be cool to have a PS built with channels cut for fiber optic side dots and a tritium capsule at the end of it... Perminately lit side dots \m/!!

I was actually just thinking during my gig Friday night that I don't give much attention to the fretboard inlays when I'm playing. It's all about the side dots; those glowing in the dark could be useful.

I'd be worried about decals peeling on the fretboard. They'd probably look pretty cool from the crowd, though.

i had a custom build guitar by a friend who builds bass guitars. one of his sig features are side dots they light up. He uses fiber opts in the fret board. Very classy job he does on it. Shawn may basses. I had him do a camphor burl top and back on the body and Spanish cedar core. the neck is flame maple with purple heart sandwiched n the middle. The fretboard is Birdseye maple. I had him install bare knuckle pickups and using a tones pros wraparound for the bridge. Waiting on a John Mann 2300 bridge in black to replace it with.

I'm in the middle of spec-ing my next Private Stock. I'm going to have luminous Alan Mudflap inlays, a beer tap, and a brass stripper pole installed. Only thing is, I'm having trouble decking between a 25" scale stripper pole, or 24.5" scale stripper pole.

Back