Looking for a Core Paul’s Guitar Truss Rod Cover (2013 AP)

Woggers

What’s love got to do with it?
Hello All,

Just pulled the trigger on my dream PRS - 2013 Core Paul’s Guitar Artist Package (NGD post coming soon). One issue - it’s missing the truss rod cover.

These seem difficult to find as they have a different screw pattern than the standard core covers. Anyone know where I can find a replacement? It is the one with two screw holes.

I’m sure I can find a custom replacement somewhere, but would prefer to go OEM if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Update for those of you in the future in a similar bind:

PRS does not have replacements for the odd truss rod covers on older core Paul’s Guitars, nor will they produce one. They recommended finding an aftermarket outfit to build a custom one, and acknowledged that this is a horrible solution.

Bummer..

Are they the same size as the regular truss rod cover? If so I’d vote just make a new hole.

Are they the same size as the regular truss rod cover? If so I’d vote just make a new hole.
It’s actually not. The signature logo on the headstock is larger on the early models, so the cover had to be shorter to not block any of it. Now they appear to just use a standard cover, and have a slightly smaller logo.

Damn. I’m sorry man. Best to contact one of the custom truss rod guys and measure out what you have. Is it same in size to SE Silver Sky? If so you may have options

Damn. I’m sorry man. Best to contact one of the custom truss rod guys and measure out what you have. Is it same in size to SE Silver Sky? If so you may have options
Not sure about the SE silver sky. But it’s all good, I ended making my own out of some wenge I found at a wood working shop. Turned out pretty decent actually

Last edited:
Not sure about the SE silver sky. But it’s all good, I ended making my own out of some wenge I found at a wood working shop. Turned out pretty decent actually
If there ain't no pictures
it didn't happen!

rbrBoKo.jpeg
PPg0nqj.jpeg
If there ain't no pictures
it didn't happen!
As you wish!
Gonna do a NGD post eventually so leaving the rest of this beauty out of frame for now.

Back