Is this a typical prs floyd route???

bigbang

Was going to put in either a stop or black box type device till I saw this. Not much wood between the pup cavity and that lower portion of the route. Glue a block in and screw to that?

Also, why the giant route behind the block?

l5QIkbs.jpeg

Is that an SE? I have been in a couple of mine that have trems and none of them have that second level of lower route in them. Mine are flat on the bottoms.

Not looking to change anything but add some kind of stop. I've been through USA jackson, made in Mexico Charvel, PRS SE, and none match the sustain on this one. Flutters like no other as well. I don't want to mess with perfection :)

Just looking for options on how to mount whatever device I decide on. A tremol-no would fit without any mods, but I'm not really a fan of that design.

Also curious why the extra routing.

I don't have one of these, but here's my guess: It's all about when you press down on the bar.

The route behind the block is so the block isn't stopped by the back of the cavity when you dive super low.

The extra route beneath the sprints is so the springs don't scrape against the bottom of the cavity when you dive low, as they are going to get closer as the block goes back and up toward the top of the guitar.

I don't have one of these, but here's my guess: It's all about when you press down on the bar.

The route behind the block is so the block isn't stopped by the back of the cavity when you dive super low.

The extra route beneath the sprints is so the springs don't scrape against the bottom of the cavity when you dive low, as they are going to get closer as the block goes back and up toward the top of the guitar.

Exactly. Core guitars with the normal trem also have the step and a significant rout behind the block.

I reckon you could still put a stopper in there. I'd just take out the bridge pickup when you drill to make sure you don't destroy the pickup if you accidentally go through. Then just make sure the mounting screws aren't any longer than they need to be.

Gluing in a little block is also not a bad idea at all.

I just went and checked a CU24 I have with a trem, it has the same stepped route, and there's plenty of clearance for everything without needing the extra routes both bottom and back, so I have no idea why there's so much cut out now.

Back