Iron Maiden's Boeing 747 grounded after runway incident in Chile

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Uh ohhhh.
http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...eing-747-grounded-after-runway.html?ana=yahoo

engine-1*750xx700-394-0-0.jpg

ed-force-one-48898*750xx990-557-0-51.jpg

It amazes me that they're not only still around and touring, but that they can afford a private jet to do it with.

It amazes me that they're not only still around and touring, but that they can afford a private jet to do it with.
It helps that the lead singer started his own airline (Cardiff - started as an aircraft maintenance company) and the he pilots the plane. That said, I agree with both points you postulated. And, I'll be seeing them in Chicago in a few weeks. They've been a favorite of mine for the last 35 years (yikes!)

It helps that the lead singer started his own airline (Cardiff - started as an aircraft maintenance company) and the he pilots the plane. That said, I agree with both points you postulated. And, I'll be seeing them in Chicago in a few weeks. They've been a favorite of mine for the last 35 years (yikes!)

I can't think of a single Iron Maiden song. Not one. My mind is a complete blank on Iron Maiden. I know I've heard their stuff on the radio, but...nothing stuck in my head at all.

Except this arrow that I can't seem to remove.

I can't think of a single Iron Maiden song. Not one. My mind is a complete blank on Iron Maiden. I know I've heard their stuff on the radio, but...nothing stuck in my head at all.

Except this arrow that I can't seem to remove.
See, you should be into them since they're very historical leaning. Songs about Egypt, pharaohs, The Charge of the Light Brigade, Icarus, Passchendale, Alexander the Great, Native Americans and a host of others. Maybe a little too metal though.

That isn't a "private plane", that's freakin' Air Force One with a paint job! Imagine the party on that...:eek:

As much as I love Iron Maiden and all the great music they bring, I can't help be a cynical little cuss and think that this dang plane of theirs is getting more attention than the band or their music lately. Seems that every time this newfangled "Ed Force One" so much as taxis down any given runway, the press just happens to be there. I certainly don't recall their last plane getting this much press time. It reminds me of the time when Elvis Presley sent his gold Cadillac out on tour (minus Elvis) where people paid money just to gather 'round it and go "OOOH, AHHH". I certainly hope the Irons aren't pulling an Elvis here!

Here is a cool interview with two Bruce Dickenson's.
This interview took place in my building I work in back in 2012.
We had a lot of security there that day, and we had to block off roads incoming into our campus for awhile.

Back