In Stores tomorrow (11-20)

I'll be getting this tomorrow. This last tour was definitely one for the hardcore fan. I took my wife and daughter to the Chicago show and they weren't wild about the song selection. A little too focused on the earlier stuff for them but I enjoyed it. Rush skipped playing anything from Hold Your Fire, Power Windows, or Presto but I think hit every other album. The family would have enjoyed hearing more stuff from the 80's.

On the way. I didn't get to see this tour because it didn't come close to me. My buddy did buy me a shirt - he went to New Jersey to see them. I can't believe this will be the final go-round - they skipped some cities that are huge in their history.

But I can't wait to see it. I've seen Rush quite a few times. The Time Machine tour in 2011 was awesome - what stunned me was how close I came to tears during "Camera Eye". Not even close to my favorite song, but man, it took me back almost 30 years in a heartbeat.

I was at the Chicago show too. Popped for VIP tix since this may be the last go round. Well worth it. Loved the set list in reverse chronological order and the whole stage deconstruction. This was my 18th time seeing them, and by far the most memorable.

Alan, there were a couple of songs that got me on this tour.....Jacobs Ladder and Lakeside Park were beyond cool. Brought a 47 year old (at the time) close to tears. I just couldn't think of a better way to close out a career than the way they did this tour. Fingers crossed that they decide to keep rolling on.

Last edited:
Did not see them on this tour but did see them 13 times. Awesome band.....Love Ghost of a Chance live.

I saw an article that quoted Alex as saying he's inclined to tour more - he felt this past tour was too short and not a particularly satisfying way to go out. The big concern is apparently Neil's tendinitis.

Hopefully he can rehab and they can do at least one more.

Meanwhile, my Blu-Ray and CDs showed up today...

I saw an article that quoted Alex as saying he's inclined to tour more - he felt this past tour was too short and not a particularly satisfying way to go out. The big concern is apparently Neil's tendinitis.

Hopefully he can rehab and they can do at least one more.

Meanwhile, my Blu-Ray and CDs showed up today...

I just saw an interview with Geddy and Alex from a Toronto station today. They said the same thing about the tour being too short. They also said that they both would like to work on some new music. To paraphrase; we'd both like to write something together. We'll take a break for a few months, and then get together and see what happens. That interview was posted at Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles.

They certainly did make it sound like it was a wrap for Rush though. I've heard them say many times that they wouldn't do anything called Rush unless it was the 3 of them. We'll see what happens.

And mine showed up today too!

Awesome, I'll have to pick this up. I want a double neck now.

"Wow....what a show! Man, oh, man....I guess that's it" - outro on All the Worlds a Stage.

40 years is one hell of a run. Without a doubt, Rush has been one of the biggest influences in my life and I'll hope against hope they tour again. But...if not...I've got a lot of good memories from the shows I have been fortunate enough to see.

Wife and son (Alex...yup, that bad) took me to the Philly show...Best live group ever...IMHO.
Loved the stage set changing ...and I remembered most of those old set ups!
One advantage for getting old, I guess!! LOL

My wife keeps wanting to get me a tshirt that says "I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands"

I'm pretty lucky - there are only a handful of bands that I wish I could have seen but didn't. I've gotten to see so many of the bands I've really wanted to - it's mostly repeat business now for me.

My buddy is a couple years older than me - he said he's been to over 40 music and comedy shows this year, and he travels to a ton. I'm not sure what my count is, but by the end of the year, it'll be something like 13 or 14 (roughly) since Labor Day. It was a slow summer though - and I've probably passed on 20 shows locally because I just couldn't convince myself to go (that includes 7 shows in a four-day stretch in October - no way to get that done!).

I've listened to most of the CDs from this Rush set - it sounds awesome. I need to find time to watch the BD.

I'm pretty lucky - there are only a handful of bands that I wish I could have seen but didn't. I've gotten to see so many of the bands I've really wanted to - it's mostly repeat business now for me.

Same boat here. My concert going buddy proclaimed himself "retired" about a year ago. He just takes his teen daughter to Katy Perry, One D, and the like. I managed to twist his arm for Maiden. But that's months away, and he has plenty of time to bail. I've slowed down a lot recently. Just don't enjoy the crowds as much anymore.

Cool side bar: I grew up in Davenport, Iowa (moved to Chicago in '87 for a job). In the spring of '85 I won a contest from the one of the local music stores (Griggs Music) and the local rock station (97 X). The prize? A pair of tickets for every concert within 75 miles of Davenport for A YEAR! Man, I saw a lot of shows that year. Three or four a week wasn't uncommon. And I never drove to any of the shows. It was always, "free ticket if you drive." I made a little money selling the tix for shows I wasn't interested in too. Pretty cool thing for an 18 year old kid in the mid 80s.

Same boat here. My concert going buddy proclaimed himself "retired" about a year ago. He just takes his teen daughter to Katy Perry, One D, and the like. I managed to twist his arm for Maiden. But that's months away, and he has plenty of time to bail. I've slowed down a lot recently. Just don't enjoy the crowds as much anymore.

Cool side bar: I grew up in Davenport, Iowa (moved to Chicago in '87 for a job). In the spring of '85 I won a contest from the one of the local music stores (Griggs Music) and the local rock station (97 X). The prize? A pair of tickets for every concert within 75 miles of Davenport for A YEAR! Man, I saw a lot of shows that year. Three or four a week wasn't uncommon. And I never drove to any of the shows. It was always, "free ticket if you drive." I made a little money selling the tix for shows I wasn't interested in too. Pretty cool thing for an 18 year old kid in the mid 80s.

VERY cool thing! That's the kind of thing I used to dream about!

Last year I did four shows in six nights - man, I was dead at the end of that. And they were all local, too.

My buddy summed it up pretty well on one of our trips - he said, "I don't know how long we can keep doing this, but more important, I don't know how long THEY'LL keep doing this, so I want to see as many of them as I can as much as I can as long as I can."

I don't like the crowds as much either, and I've come to be really ambivalent about big arena shows. We're going to see the Who in March, and I'd love to see Maiden on this tour, but there are only a handful of bands I'll do the arenas for. I've come to love the smaller venues. Not as many idiots (they still get in), but a much more intimate and enjoyable setting.

Thanks for the link! I'm putting that on my Amazon wishlist.

I've seen Rush several times starting when I was high school back in the early '90s. My best friend, and bassist for many of my early bands, could never get past Geddy's voice but after I beat him over the head enough he learned to open his mind to the rest of the music.

Killer band that I feel never got the credit they should have among my musician friends back then.

Back