Let it die, folks! (Moving on, second chances, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't speak for anyone else, but I have a few people on ignore status here. Only one was because of any kind of back and forth. It reminded me of a thread on another somewhat PRS-centric forum where one member was sort of tormenting another. Nothing vicious, nothing personal, just repeatedly intentionally missing the point. I found it kind of amusing myself, but the target (for lack of a better term) either did not or would not see that it was clearly a put on and proceeded to get more aggravated. In my case, I began to wonder which role I was playing and decided that I'd had enough and hit ignore.

In all other cases, it was simply a case of quickly determining - IMO - that the now-ignored person was not going to bring anything positive to my experience and would most likely make it negative, so click. Whether the issue was ultimately them or me, clicking ignore essentially eliminated it and prevented any kind of back and forth that may have negatively affected others as well.

As for seeing who is ignoring us, I can see the interest from the standpoint of wanting to know if we're on anyone's list. But that would be far better served with just the number of people who are ignoring you, not who they are. I don't know how serious Hangar18 is about his idea above, but that's the perfect example of why the names shouldn't be made available. For whatever purpose, that person has decided to remove themselves from your circle to eliminate the possibility of a conflict. Why would admins make that info available for "trolling" purposes? It would defeat the purpose.

Well put. I also use the ignore function, and thank the smart people that set it up, great feature. To me it is pathetic to allow any individual to taint my otherwise pleasant forum experience with their ass-hatery when I can easily click the ignore function and continue to enjoy interacting with the rest of the fine people here.

The talk? The pep talk... remember that, just a couple hours ago? That was a nice way of giving you a path to stay. Without it, what you just posted above was inevitable. Every time you do this it gets worse, not better. Just STOP it and see if things don't start to change. Remember, we're the guys who have been here for a long time. If you think we're picking on you, bite your tongue. This is a cool group of people, and I have not yet seen anyone who put even a little bit of effort into fitting in here and didn't get accepted by the group.

But at this point, I've tried to give you a path. Others have. You say you're leaving. Ball is in your court.
This is in to no offense to anyone in particular, more of a broad array of enlightment but I had already won. They thought I was actually going to leave.

No worries, I'm here to stay despite the trolls, they may say "We didn't doubt that you'd be back" but in their hearts they wanted it to be true. Luckily, no one here is really like that and I stay for them, and I stay for me. As said before, I'm not so easily driven out. Despite my sarcasm and the fact that I can be annoying, there's a decent person underneath.

That aside,
I just got my Catalinbread Sidearm so am recording a video of that. We have 150+ tube Screamer type clones at work and so far this is probably my personal new favorite, it goes right up there with the Wampler Moxie. As you can guess, it's a rough, open clone of the TS9 on paper but in the room, it sounds nothing like.. Very happy with my blind purchase! 🥰

Definitely has that 70's flavor that Catalinbread is known for on their drive pedals sound!!!

Last edited:
despite the trolls, they may say "We didn't doubt that you'd be back" but in their hearts they wanted it to be true.
You're not being the ball, Danny! This is the thing we talked about... you don't have to get a jab in while saying your piece.
I'm here to stay
Well, you know what that means... Assume the position!

You're not being the ball, Danny! This is the thing we talked about... you don't have to get a jab in while saying your piece.

Well, you know what that means... Assume the position!
That was poorly worded and I edited my comment. The fact is that I can be a jersey jerk-off of a jerk eating man-made jerky, in the way I write and it comes out in a way I don't mean. It's an issue I gotta work on. It happens verbally in person too, unfortunately.

I didn't think it would take a bunch of members to gang up on me to get me to leave or should I say "Move on peacefully and don't look back"

You guys win. I thought I was stronger. I thought I was right. I didn't think all the greatest trolls would come to fight.

See ya! I can't do it anymore. I admit defeat.

"Good riddance.... I'll be better off without the creeps." My wife and I are having a good laugh as well...

Good luck everyone! This isn't the place for me
He’ll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back