I Love the Akesson SE knobs

GoBeavs68

Hi all,

A while back I modded my Akesson with an RS modern kit to complement the bright Tremonti pups. I got a deal on some used USA black/clear lampshades, but I really miss the vibe the stock "top hat" knobs gave this guitar.

Does anyone have experience with this: Can I just gently squeeze the split shaft of these CTS pots enough to get my stock Asian SE knobs on there? Or is there any at-home trickery to mod the knob itself to get it on a CTS pot?

I've looked at the Gibson top hat knobs and they don't have the same vibe the stock SE knobs have, with that grey/silver and black goodness.

Any veterans want to chime in, your experience is appreciated.

A little education / research will teach you much...
http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Knobs/Top_Hat_Bell_Reflector_Knob.html

Check your control pot shafts before you order!
Almost all press-on knobs that fit coarse-knurled 18-spline pot shafts (such as Alpha) won't fit fine-knurled 24-spline shafts (such as CTS), and vice versa.
pot_knurling.gif

fwiw, when the Akesson's first came out, I saw 4 different ones, and each had split/broken knobs. Those stock knobs were very cheap plastic....

My question was is there a method to jimmy or convert an asian pot to the different count spline shaft. I'm already aware they are not the same. This is purely cosmetic as the "silver/grey" on the cheap PRS Korean knobs is flatter and less shiny than the Gibson top hat replacements I was considering.

Sounds like there isn't any trick. Thanks anyway.

Back