I Couldn't Resist 2---P.S. Buckeye Burl Trem

They came in late yesterday so no time yet for plug in sounds. Spent about 15 min w each unplugged though and noticed a couple things. The SS just felt natural in my hands right away. Mainly due to the neck I think. Like an old friend as some have said. The buckeye rings out like a piano. Even unplugged I noticed that notes seemed to really bloom. The neck and body have a good comfortable balance. It vibrated heavily throughout the neck and body. Just some initial and quick impressions.
Thanks for all of the great responses here on this build. Will follow up in the future w electrified tone report.

Last edited:
I got the straplocks on the SS and planned on doing the same w the burl. Then I was gong to make something to eat and made the mistake of plugging in the SS for 5 min. Well 1 an hour and a half later I shut down the SS and got locks on the burl. Never ate. However the SS is one to behold. The neck is great but I was amazed at the pups. The clarity to total dirt and everything in between seemed achievable on this. So many poss sound choices and I was't even into the board, just straight into my little practice Carvin v3 w 2 V30's.

Tone and playability of the burl delayed a day or so now. :)

Amazing, I'm psyched for you.

Actually, just looking @ your new avatar has me jealous and wanting to rob you in the middle of the night.

But I'm still psyched for you. :D

A few had requested a tone report on the Buckeye and I've had a few good sessions w it. I immediately noticed the smooth fast feeling of the Korina neck. It just feels different than rosewood raw or hog satin or painted. Just feels very smooth and comfortable. The persimmon board being in the ebony family has the nice slick fast responsive qualities I like. Very well balanced guitar as are the pups. This is not a one trick pony. I like to play bluesy leads w that weeping woman tone and the neck pup has this down. One of those guits where it plays easily w one hand and will sustain a long time. On clean it's very clear and crisp w piano like clarity. A little gain on the clean just before starting to break up is her sweet spot. On the dirt channels it just does back flips for me when commanded. I thinks there's still a lot of sounds in there to be discovered. Unplugged or plugged, notes bloom back and forth a moment which is a real nice characteristic. It's very subtle. Kudos to the Private Stock team. They threw in their magic sauce. :):D

Nice tone report, may you and your “Buckeye Woman” have many wonderful years together.

Back