HDRX 100 transformer Question

In All Fairness You Can't Blame The Amp Company For The Shipper Handling The Product With Negligence.

A Lot Of The "Alternative Amps" You Are Thinking Of Need To Be Opened Up Volume Wise To Deliver The Goods. How Loud Are You Able To Play Is My First Thought. Since You Like The 100 And Feel It Sounds Best Why Not Just Get Another One?

In All Fairness You Can't Blame The Amp Company For The Shipper Handling The Product With Negligence.

A Lot Of The "Alternative Amps" You Are Thinking Of Need To Be Opened Up Volume Wise To Deliver The Goods. How Loud Are You Able To Play Is My First Thought. Since You Like The 100 And Feel It Sounds Best Why Not Just Get Another One?
Fair point, if in fact it was from shipping, and as I already mentioned, I have my doubts, or maybe it’s the design flaw of the bracket for that transformer, neither of my Marshalls have that design but haven’t looked at vintage super leads. Also I wonder if the heavy off balance of the hdrx 100 from trying to cram everything in a compact box, where all the weight is on one side, plays a part? The hdrx 50 seems to have the same dimensional specs as the 100 so maybe it’s not as off balanced.

I can play as loud as I want or can stand at home or rehearsal but I’m looking at normal gig volumes. I didn’t want a plexi style for high gain saturation but the Hendrixy cleans, slight dirt, of course I got the 100w because I like the horsepower and am a Hendrix nut, but 50w is usually good enough.

Fair point, if in fact it was from shipping, and as I already mentioned, I have my doubts, or maybe it’s the design flaw of the bracket for that transformer, neither of my Marshalls have that design but haven’t looked at vintage super leads. Also I wonder if the heavy off balance of the hdrx 100 from trying to cram everything in a compact box, where all the weight is on one side, plays a part? The hdrx 50 seems to have the same dimensional specs as the 100 so maybe it’s not as off balanced.

I can play as loud as I want or can stand at home or rehearsal but I’m looking at normal gig volumes. I didn’t want a plexi style for high gain saturation but the Hendrixy cleans, slight dirt, of course I got the 100w because I like the horsepower and am a Hendrix nut, but 50w is usually good enough.
The Differences Between The Two Are 2 Less Power Tubes But As you Know That Doesn't Equal Half The Volume. I Can't Imagine Any Amp Designer Making Their Design To Have A Tilted Transformer. It Is Not A Good Thing. As I Mentioned At Some Point, I Have Seen Some Absolutely Insane Damage Done Via Shipping. In Your Case, Since You Can Play As Loud As You Desire I Would Just Grab Another 100 And Be Done With It Since You Said You Like It At Low Volume And You Get The Horsepower And Such. That Would Be My Move But The 50 I Am Sure Would Do Great For You. :)

Back