Grand Old Dame

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
Seeing a recent thread on a magnificent Paul’s 28 made me think about this unique specimen.

A Custom 24 Stoptail with a pernambuco neck. Wide curl chevron top in a burnt gold finish. Streaky Mexican Rosewood fingerboard lined with celtic knots and gold side dots.

Conceived as kindred to the Paul’s 28 guitars from material to adornment, right down to a set of original Paul’s 28 pickups. Except this is a standalone PS build with 24 frets instead of 22.

Hence its audacious christening as “Paul’s 24”. The inscription behind the headstock is such a sporting gesture, a one-off whim from a one-off past, no doubt.

Last but not least, tone and resonance that’s truly off the charts.

Those celtic knots could well be a metaphor for an alignment of stars. Every time I touch this guitar that famous tagline whispers out - “You don’t own me, buddy. You’re merely taking care of me for the next generation.”

3WNPpej.jpg

T4OHDH3.jpg

AxmOqS2.jpg

j9R2oiI.jpg

eoIKoaI.jpg

VnkkDgB.jpg

Man, that ticks so many boxes for me...

Awesome guitar!

Pernambuco is still used for violin bows, etc. I wonder if PRS is ever gonna get enough stock to be able to offer it again in the PS line?

And will they ever offer Celtic knots again? I mean, I play in a Celtic Fusion band! Come on, man!

Man, that ticks so many boxes for me...

Awesome guitar!

Pernambuco is still used for violin bows, etc. I wonder if PRS is ever gonna get enough stock to be able to offer it again in the PS line?

And will they ever offer Celtic knots again? I mean, I play in a Celtic Fusion band! Come on, man!
My sentiments too! It really did distinguish the instruments, at least in my estimation…

Last edited:
Back