Eventide H9 Users

Thanks Les, I appreciate your feedback. The Lehle looks nice, but I'm trying to shrink down my next board, and this Dunlop Mini X seems pretty nice. I'll probably just grab another one.

If it's transparent sounding, there's no reason not to, and you'll have the bonus of small pedals that match, for a nice, clean look!

I like the Lehle mainly because everything I've got from Lehle is transparent sounding, and made extremely well. But Dunlop is no slouch, and they make great stuff, too.

Hey guys I've been considering on getting a new effects processor. I'm currently looking at the H9 and the Fractal. The reason being that my g system, though I love the control aspect of it, I can't seem to get definition out of the delay and reverb that I'm looking for. Mby I'm just trying to add more in terms of effects and options to the effects. I think the H9 will be more convenient for space, and I'm pretty sure the g system midi controllers will have no problem with it.

The reason being that my g system, though I love the control aspect of it, I can't seem to get definition out of the delay and reverb that I'm looking for.

That surprises me, because TC Electronic's delays and reverbs are among the cleanest and most defined on the market; they're certainly on equal footing with the H9's reverbs and delays, although they're different from the H9's (I have no experience with the new Fractal).

The limitation with the H9 is that it will only do one algorithm at a time, though some algorithms like SpaceTime do more than one thing.

I'd think twice about giving up the TC G System for an H9, if you want the same level of functionality. And I say this as someone who really, really digs the H9.

If all you need is one virtual pedal at a time, of course, the H9 is great. But I wouldn't replace a G system with one.

For what time I've actually had with mine so far, I'm really impressed. I'm selling my TC Flashback; as well as a Morley Tremonti wah, TRex Tremonti phaser, and larger Dunlop DVP Volume pedal... replacing those with an H9 Max and 2 Dunlop Mini X volume pedals I've purchased. Granted, I know nothing about the other products you've mentioned, I'm just really happy with the changes I've made. :)

That surprises me, because TC Electronic's delays and reverbs are among the cleanest and most defined on the market; they're certainly on equal footing with the H9's reverbs and delays, although they're different from the H9's (I have no experience with the new Fractal).

The limitation with the H9 is that it will only do one algorithm at a time, though some algorithms like SpaceTime do more than one thing.

I'd think twice about giving up the TC G System for an H9, if you want the same level of functionality. And I say this as someone who really, really digs the H9.

If all you need is one virtual pedal at a time, of course, the H9 is great. But I wouldn't replace a G system with one.

Replace the g system! :eek:

No man! Never!
Some room just opened up in my pedal drawer and I'm thinking the H9 could be a new addition to my palette of pedals.

I guess I'll clarify why I need one..
I love the delays and reverb on the tc electronics g system and your right they are some of the best.
I've been really trying to capture this unique delay that's actually a multi delay. I need two corresponding delays with separate eq controls for high cut and low cut. I need this for both delays.. I think that's what I'm trying to say... my g system only allows for one delay or a multi delay but I can't control a multi delays high/low cut as separate delays, only as a single until delay.

I need both delays and the parameters to be specific.

I think this can be achieved with the fractal unit and I could possibly control it via MIDI with my G system. Or I could just get a second delay altogether like the H9 and that way have full control over the parameters.

Does that make sense?

I think this can be achieved with the fractal unit and I could possibly control it via MIDI with my G system. Or I could just get a second delay altogether like the H9 and that way have full control over the parameters.

Does that make sense?

Sure!

For what time I've actually had with mine so far, I'm really impressed. I'm selling my TC Flashback; as well as a Morley Tremonti wah, TRex Tremonti phaser, and larger Dunlop DVP Volume pedal... replacing those with an H9 Max and 2 Dunlop Mini X volume pedals I've purchased. Granted, I know nothing about the other products you've mentioned, I'm just really happy with the changes I've made. :)

Hey let me know what you think of the delays on that thing.

I'm having a lot of fun with them, and by them I mean all 29,492,018 of them.... ha! I purchased the Max version which seems to have a ton of preset delays of many flavors from mild to... I'm not even sure how to describe them. Quality seems great though, I've been using the H9 control app for my computer to play through them.

I have not tried to change any of the presets, even though you are able to fine tune them and make them your own, because I feel like they cover such a broad spectrum that I would only need to adjust the tap tempo.

Back