Drop tunings on fixed bridges and intonation headaches

I have the SE Clint Lowery. This thing is a beast, I love it. I bought it because of the bridge, and that it was designed to be played in low tunings. It comes in drop B, which was a bit too low for me, so I've been in drop C, and love it. I haven't changed a thing other than that. I've kept the 11-60 strings too, and I would recommend you try both these strings, and whether you can source this bridge from PRS, or another vendor. The Mann one looks great, but probably costs a fair amount more.

Actually the MannMade USA adjustable bridge is considerably cheaper than the PRS non - adjustable version!

That wraparound is dangerous if you are clumsy or careless, your top will wear a reminder. I use common painters tape to tape down the studs when I restring so they don't move about and change string height. While I don't downtune, I find the wraparound to be inexact science in that you can intonate the low E and the high E and the rest fall into acceptable intonation. I don't see the standard PRS wraparound supporting downtuning however.

Back