Does this solo sound like Tremonti?

Ruben Bernard

I've been writing this song over the past few days and it wasn't intended initially but it's drawn heavy inspiration from Tremonti (As in the band) particularly Providence and Marching In Time. I know, don't try to sound like someone else, sound like yourself, blah blah blah, I generally do. But I thought screw it and decided to try and just embrace the fun of the Tremonti stylings and try and write a Tremonti-esque solo. This is it, what do you guys think? Sound Tremonti'ish?

P.s. I know the tremolo picking is a bit messy. I'm on year 4 of teaching myself guitar so its bound to be, but I'll get there eventually :)

Didn’t mean it in a bad way just that I’m not so familiar with those solos , keep rocking man, some great playing
Oh no, I didn't mean it to sound sarcastic. For real, thank you, doesn't really matter if it does or doesn't sound like them, you said you liked it and that is a huge fuggin compliment. Little things like the tremolo picking which I suck at and the legato 5777 lick I thought might make it quite tremonti, but there's something he does in his licks where his note choice is just really unique. I know it's not Tremonti (band) but the first quarter of the Bleed It Dry solo, idk how to describe it for reference, but I have no idea how people come up with stuff like that. I'll get there though, still means the world that you like though, that's all that really matters :D

The main thing is that you enjoy playing and harness that talent, learning and progressing is so much easier when it’s fun!! Keep rocking!

Nice playing!

It looks to me like your wrist is a little stiff during that. Find some video of EVH's tremolo picking. It's really good.
I worked out how to do it while I was drunk a year ago. It's all completely wrong cause I don't even hold the pick right haha. Slow progress, but I'll get there

I worked out how to do it while I was drunk a year ago. It's all completely wrong cause I don't even hold the pick right haha. Slow progress, but I'll get there

There's only something like 63 million ways to hold a pick, so I wouldn't worry there. The only reason I even mentioned the tremolo was because I did it that way when I was younger and my guitar teacher had to keep telling me to arch my wrist. I eventually got pretty decent with it, then put it away, and now I feel like I can't quite get it back. I either stiffen my wrist too much, or if I focus on keeping it loose, I feel like my accuracy goes down. It's a ***** getting old.

There's only something like 63 million ways to hold a pick, so I wouldn't worry there. The only reason I even mentioned the tremolo was because I did it that way when I was younger and my guitar teacher had to keep telling me to arch my wrist. I eventually got pretty decent with it, then put it away, and now I feel like I can't quite get it back. I either stiffen my wrist too much, or if I focus on keeping it loose, I feel like my accuracy goes down. It's a ***** getting old.
I’ll see what I can do, thanks for the advice xx
Tbh with such a great guitar it does most of the work for me. All I do is hold it, the thing is magic for real

Back