Does this look suspect and can anyone tell me why this would be this way?

mattheweveringham

Last edited:
If you just bought this from eBay, it’s been poorly refinished (my opinion which counts for nothing) which is a shame because it’s a nice guitar.

I’ve looked at this a couple of times in the last few weeks. Hope you got a good deal.

It is genuine and yes they are after market pickups and Schaller locking tuners.

Looks like maybe the pickup selector switch had been changed out for a wooden one (possibly).

As long as you like it, that’s great and congratulations.

If you just bought this from eBay, it’s been poorly refinished (my opinion which counts for nothing) which is a shame because it’s a nice guitar.

I’ve looked at this a couple of times in the last few weeks. Hope you got a good deal.

It is genuine and yes they are after market pickups and Schaller locking tuners.

Looks like maybe the pickup selector switch had been changed out for a wooden one (possibly).

thanks, yeah i think i got a pretty good deal on it! I plan on putting an evertune on it if i like it. I need something that doesn't go out of tune for studio use but didn't want to cut up my custom 24.

Thank you!
is it just the burst that's overspray or the whole thing?
I really don't know, all the pics are above. One person said it looks like a poorly done refin, another suggested a broken headstock. Those are all the pics i have. I have no idea really. I feel like i got a good deal on it though, as long as it plays well i'll be happy but i am curious what other people thought. Most importantly it is genuine.

Thank you!

I really don't know, all the pics are above. One person said it looks like a poorly done refin, another suggested a broken headstock. Those are all the pics i have. I have no idea really. I feel like i got a good deal on it though, as long as it plays well i'll be happy but i am curious what other people thought. Most importantly it is genuine.
looks real, maybe the whole thing was refinished or maybe it was sprayed bursty around the edges to cover up a ding that bugged a previous owner.

Back