Daylight Suite

László

Too Many Notes
I've been interested lately in smaller ensemble studio-size orchestral stuff, and I wrote a piece that for the most part seemed uncharacteristically sunny. The melody lines are carried by flutes, clarinet, and viola.

What could be shinier than a platinum flute, fergoodness-sakes?

Oh, three of them. As an added bonus, there are a few measures of stuff that isn't shiny. Because I could!

NOTE: This thread had a different title with one track. BUT -- I created a suite with a few simple changes to some recent tracks with a similar vibe that I was able to knit together.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I might lengthen this thing, though it's simply intended to serve as music for a short cue, so I'm not 100% sure. Figured I'd let it percolate in my head for a while and decide later.

I think you should, you’ve got a real motif here. You could develop a theme.

Hey I’m just saying for a friend.

Haha, ok you got me.

See worthless drivel (me that is).
It's OK, I get it! I'm reworking some of the other recent woodwind-heavy stuff to create a suite, along with this piece. I'm going to call it, 'Daylight Suite', since most of my other work is darker.

Yes, I have the name before the suite is complete. Hey, gotta name the file! :)

OK, take another listen and tell me what you think about the three singles going into a suite now.

les les les, you are one in a million but your brother… kill me now to know that level of talent and discipline. huzzah!
His work is being shown in the Smithsonian, and mine is only posted here.

Somebody has to play the role of the less-talented person, and now you know why! ;)

On the other hand, there are less remunerative jobs than 'ad composer'. Poet, for instance.

Last edited:
I like this one! Was that a bassoon and french horn going forte to fortissimo there towards the 4 minute mark?

Back