Dallas Guitar Show

RedGuitars

Thread killer
Think I'm going to take off work and go tomorrow...

Any other forumites going?

PRS dealers - let me see, typical booths of late have been Guitar Maverick, Guitar Sanctuary, Lark Guitars, and Peghead Guitars.

Haven't been in Peghead recently, but last time I was in the only PRS they had in stock were SE's.

Show opens Friday at noon.

We're driving up from Austin early Saturday morning. And headed to Guitar Sanctuary's booth first thing. Remember that PRS surveyed the Forum and asked about 'Guitar Testing Stations'? It will be interesting to see if they've done anything with that situation. Usually spend the day wandering around getting swag 'n stuff. And looking at all 'the usual old worn out and weren't any good when they were new guitars' will still be there like the last 4 years I've gone. Also going to swing by the Reverend Guitar booth.

If you're there on Saturday check out Maylee Thomas and Lance Lopez.

http://www.guitarshow.com/music-festival/2015-performance-schedule/

The PRS booth has gotten smaller over the years - but the economy did have some changes... I still have my shirt from the 2007 show, with Dallas 2007 and PRS schematics on it. They made a special run of guitars for that show in 2-3 custom colors too. They did do a Texas Shoot Out run for the Dallas show a couple of years ago.

They haven't really had test stations in the booth at the Dallas show. At least nothing short of plugging into one their amps if a product demo wasn't going on.

The only test stations at the Dallas show that I've seen are the Pods/headphones in the Gibby trailer.

Last edited:
We're driving up from Austin early Saturday morning. And headed to Guitar Sanctuary's booth first thing. Remember that PRS surveyed the Forum and asked about 'Guitar Testing Stations'? It will be interesting to see if they've done anything with that situation. Usually spend the day wandering around getting swag 'n stuff. And looking at all 'the usual old worn out and weren't any good when they were new guitars' will still be there like the last 4 years I've gone. Also going to swing by the Reverend Guitar booth.

If you're there on Saturday check out Maylee Thomas and Lance Lopez.

http://www.guitarshow.com/music-festival/2015-performance-schedule/

And Van Wilks in between.

I've always wanted to go. Looks like a lot of great players performing.

No PRS booth this year. Guess they're prepping for the anniversary event. No pods in the Gibby trailer anymore either.

No PRS booth this year. Guess they're prepping for the anniversary event. No pods in the Gibby trailer anymore either.

I was there today also for about 3 hours. Agreed, it's probably 'all hands on deck' for the Main Event. Didn't go into the Gibson trailer.

A great PRS Texas retailer was there: Guitar Sanctuary but didn't find Guitar Maverick.

From the main entrance, Guitar Maverick is the first aisle to the left, facing the wall. Turn left just before the Taylor booth. Just a couple of booths down.

Back