Custom 50 Combo, first night.

Great report! I'm on the fence with this amp, or an Archon. Or a Mark V. Or waiting for one of the new Mayer sig amps, and making my wallet cry. I guess I'm not really close to anything! But, glad to hear you like it! How is the bottom end, and how do you like the mid shift on the lead channel?
Thanks Andy.
Being a 1x12 combo the bottom end is kind of subjective. It's fine for me and what I do, but YMMV. I can say that it is not flubby or crappy in any way. I like it! That being said, the head version with your fav cab would of course change everything in this regard. Even adding the 2x12 at practice to give me 3x12 was noticable. I didn't go nuts with the volume last night though, I was just tailoring it to fit in the band situation.
I need more time with the mid shift to figure out its role in what I do...

Thats a real beauty, Dave! What speaker is in that combo? V30? I'm guessing it will be a different animal thru the 2x12...all teeth and hair. :D
Thanks Kerry! Rumour has it that yes, it's a V30. The back is so closed that you can't see sh$%t so I guess that's it. This amp dropped into the situation in the studio like it owned it!
I'm leaving the H there for a couple of weeks anyway.
1) It's backup for the new Custom
2) I can A/B for comparison
3) I'm a sneaky bugger and letting Steve try it out... Mwahahahahaha...:D

Back