Cool Anderton's Video - HRDX Content

Funny thing about that video is how bad they make the HDRX 50 sound, on the recording.
I did dig how the 20 sounded ( a lot like I was getting )
I agree, HDRX 20 sounded way better. Maybe they underpowered the 50 to match in-room SPL? Maybe unfortunate mic placement?

Could see myself with the 20, although lack of a FX loop is a deal breaker for me. No fx loop for clean platform and OD pedals is fine. With an amp generating overdrive, it just makes no sense to me if you are using time based effects... I do

I agree, HDRX 20 sounded way better. Maybe they underpowered the 50 to match in-room SPL? Maybe unfortunate mic placement?

Could see myself with the 20, although lack of a FX loop is a deal breaker for me. No fx loop for clean platform and OD pedals is fine. With an amp generating overdrive, it just makes no sense to me if you are using time based effects... I do
I thought the same thing that I would never get my time based effects to sound good without an effects loop BUT I got a Line 6 HX effects with my Fender Vibrolux and it sounds great. sometime a loop is more trouble than its worth.

I thought the same thing that I would never get my time based effects to sound good without an effects loop BUT I got a Line 6 HX effects with my Fender Vibrolux and it sounds great. sometime a loop is more trouble than its worth.
Yeah, I bet it's amp / player / other rig dependant. I still have my Orange AD30TC in my mind where I just couldn't make it to work the way I would like it to work

I'm quoted so often.

I guess I should watch the video at some point!
Seriously, it has some good examples of tones for the HDRX 20... I know you're not interested in that one, but it certainly bodes well for the higher models that you have expressed some interest in.

Back