Charlie Watts

Tom Bradovich

No more Charlie Watts behind the drum kit for the Stones anymore. Dead today at 80. No cause listed yet. Not as flamboyant as Moon, or innovative as Ginger Baker or John Bonham, but a solid timekeeper nonetheless. He and Richards creating that slightly off-kilter pocket in which that band maneuvered. RIP Charlie.

Sorry I posted this here after both Aahzz & bodia made posts on the same topic. I was in a hurry and neglected to read any previous posts. Yesterday was a messed up day. We had a big storm roll thru and a very large oak tree came down on our deck and privacy wall. Good thing it didn't hit the house itself, so just some property damage to those places, and we're OK. So, if there's a moderator on duty, maybe you can consolidate the Charlie Watts posts under one place.

Sorry I posted this here after both Aahzz & bodia made posts on the same topic. I was in a hurry and neglected to read any previous posts. Yesterday was a messed up day. We had a big storm roll thru and a very large oak tree came down on our deck and privacy wall. Good thing it didn't hit the house itself, so just some property damage to those places, and we're OK. So, if there's a moderator on duty, maybe you can consolidate the Charlie Watts posts under one place.
Glad to hear you dodged any serious damage. Don't feel bad, I posted my thread one minute after Aahzz did his. It happens.

Thanks guys, appreciate your kind words. I'm amazed the privacy wall is still standing. The previous owner was an electrician and carpenter, and he built the deck and wall like the proverbial brick s**t house, and it withstood the weight of a falling oak tree. So, everything could have been much worse, but I do have some repair work to complete before the snow season hits us.

Back