Charlie Watts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Bradovich, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Tom Bradovich

Tom Bradovich New Member

No more Charlie Watts behind the drum kit for the Stones anymore. Dead today at 80. No cause listed yet. Not as flamboyant as Moon, or innovative as Ginger Baker or John Bonham, but a solid timekeeper nonetheless. He and Richards creating that slightly off-kilter pocket in which that band maneuvered. RIP Charlie.

2. aphantomvaper

aphantomvaper New Member

Yeah, so sad!

3. Tom Bradovich

Tom Bradovich New Member

Sorry I posted this here after both Aahzz & bodia made posts on the same topic. I was in a hurry and neglected to read any previous posts. Yesterday was a messed up day. We had a big storm roll thru and a very large oak tree came down on our deck and privacy wall. Good thing it didn't hit the house itself, so just some property damage to those places, and we're OK. So, if there's a moderator on duty, maybe you can consolidate the Charlie Watts posts under one place.

4. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Glad to hear you dodged any serious damage. Don't feel bad, I posted my thread one minute after Aahzz did his. It happens.

5. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Glad to hear you’re safe. Sorry to hear about the damage.

^and what he said^

6. Tom Bradovich

Tom Bradovich New Member

Thanks guys, appreciate your kind words. I'm amazed the privacy wall is still standing. The previous owner was an electrician and carpenter, and he built the deck and wall like the proverbial brick s**t house, and it withstood the weight of a falling oak tree. So, everything could have been much worse, but I do have some repair work to complete before the snow season hits us.

SinSir, Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.