CE-22 Rolled Fretboard Edges?

SamIV

Just picked up a 96 CE-22. Nice looking guitar and very nice neck carve. Does not feel like a Wide Fat or a Wide Thin. Something in between and not Pattern Regular. I noticed the fretboard edges are not rolled. Was this typical of the 96 models? Even my SE 245 has the edge treatment. You can really feel the edge on this one.

And it came with Dragon II’s, and I don’t dislike them like I thought I would. Prefer these over the HFS that were in my CE-24. Will see what the future holds on those.

Sorry No NGD pics. Don’t do the third party thing.

Last edited:
There can be a fair amount of neck variation in the older guitars. I believe they were still using the duplicarver at that point. I have two that are supposed to be wide/thin. You’d never know from playing them.

There can be a fair amount of neck variation in the older guitars. I believe they were still using the duplicarver at that point. I have two that are supposed to be wide/thin. You’d never know from playing them.
I don’t know what this profile is supposed to be, but it reminds me of my pattern regular, just a hair wider. I like it. Not as fat as my SE 245 that is wide fat. Also has more of a plain top with flame on each side. I find it unique. Might try and and see if I can post pics. But I am going to have to roll these fretboard edges. They are quite straight and annoying.

The guitar is a 96 by the serial number. Has zero fret wear, and zero fretboard edged wear. Finish is in quite good shape as well.

I used to be a dealer for PRS at my guitar specialty store back in the 90’s and I remember the CE’s being without any fretboard edge rounding. The necks varied a little, but they were closer to wide thin. The wide fat necks that were on the Custom 22’s and 24’s seemed a bit more consistent and the edges were more rounded… all still great guitars……
I loved the Dragon 2 pickups… still do… .

Last edited:
Back