Carcass Cuestion

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
I thought about directing this at jfb, but I'm going to throw it open in case anyone else decides to jump in on the deal...

Anyone seen the Carcass DVD "Wake Up And Smell The Carcass?" I know it's pre-"Surgical Steel", but I just wanted to make sure it's a decent disc. Music Dispatch is running a Christmas special - quite a few live DVDs on sale for 50% off (http://musicdispatch.com). I figure it's probably well worth the...$10.

And they have a couple Alter Bridge discs as well...

Yes - absolutely killer. It warms by blackened heart to see you talk about Carcass and your SE-7 \m/ hahaha

Carcass also just announced their first full US tour in a really long time with Black Dahlia Murder, Gorguts and Noisem!

Yes - absolutely killer. It warms by blackened heart to see you talk about Carcass and your SE-7 \m/ hahaha

Carcass also just announced their first full US tour in a really long time with Black Dahlia Murder, Gorguts and Noisem!

My champion metal brother answered in my absence. Trust him...for he is true.

CARCASS!!!!

Ordered! Along with a Triumph concert from 1987. Reviews scared me away from a Gary Moore Monsters Of Rock disc.

Outstanding news about the US tour - if they're here, I'll most likely be there.

Ordered my Carcass ticket today. Score!

FYI - if you're planning on going, take a look at the Decibel magazine site for the tour (they're the sponsor). They're offering a VIP package - ticket, priority entrance, T-shirt, poster. I bought mine through them - a quick check when Ticketmaster went live showed almost $9 in fees, making the added cost of the VIP package...$4. $4 for that AND I don't have to give TM any money? Double score!

Ordered my Carcass ticket today. Score!

FYI - if you're planning on going, take a look at the Decibel magazine site for the tour (they're the sponsor). They're offering a VIP package - ticket, priority entrance, T-shirt, poster. I bought mine through them - a quick check when Ticketmaster went live showed almost $9 in fees, making the added cost of the VIP package...$4. $4 for that AND I don't have to give TM any money? Double score!

Carcass!!! That show is going to rip. I need to check STL dates.

Carcass!!! That show is going to rip. I need to check STL dates.

I'm not great on my mid-western geography, but it looks like Chicago is going to be your best bet.

Maybe Sergio will join you in the mosh pit...

Another Les-terpiece gone before the masses realize his genius.

I decided that people might not realize it was intended to be funny, and instead wrongly think that I was just trashing music they like. So I deleted.

I decided that people might not realize it was intended to be funny, and instead wrongly think that I was just trashing music they like. So I deleted.

Bummed. I saw it and went to read it, expecting a good laugh, and when I clicked it was gone. :(

Bummed. I saw it and went to read it, expecting a good laugh, and when I clicked it was gone. :(

It might have been funny but I can't remember the lyrics I wrote.

I got a kick out of a recent Carcass video I happened across, because it was a live show in bright morning daylight, and there is all this rumbly down-tuned stuff with monster voice pitch-shifting, that kind of reminded me of watching a scary movie at a drive in by the beach on a summer morning. And there are, you know, a handful of guys kind of doing a half-hearted mosh pit.

As we all know, bright sunshine removes "scary" from the experience.

It just seemed so wrong. ;)

I have DVDs of Body Count and Devo doing festival shows in the daylight. It's very odd to see. And I think there's a Kiss show from Rock Am Ring in Germany that is like that. It shows up on MTV World Stage on Palladia periodically.

Back