Can a Telecaster play metal (demo)?

littlebadboy

Not sure if this is the right section or if its blasphemy here...

Guitar: Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster Butterscotch Blonde

I had to do some mods. The original pickups were fine but I was not convinced with how they drive as they were not meant to play the metal I wanted.
Modifications:
  • Artec Giovanni custom single coil sized rail humbuckers with full 64mm rails, Alnico 5
  • GFS Overwound Repro Vintage Alnico Tele Neck Pickup
  • Fender 500k vol pot,
  • Fender 250k tone pot but has no-load option - goes straight to output
  • OG 4-way for:
    • 1st - neck
    • 2nd - neck+bridge south
    • 3rd - bridge south
    • 4th - full bridge humbucker

Effects and Interface: Boss GT-100

Like and subscribe will be highly appreciated as an aspiring YouTube'r!

Thanks!

If you're trying to see if a Fender Tele can play metal, then you should be asking if a PRS can play country.

See if you can get your Starla to play some Tele like country licks, and then post a video.

That would be relevant on this forum.

So, I’ve encountered in other forums a lounge section where people can post, among other things, material not necessarily related to host of the forum. If that were to be implemented here, it would be the space to talk about pedals, strap locks, non-PRS NGD, or just some other Misc material. On one hand, I don’t know how much interest is there for a whole section new forum section. On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of cool and knowledgeable people around these parts, so I can see the appeal of wanting our members to chime in on non-PRS related subjects. Personally I’m good either way. Just thought I’d share in case other members and/or mods have a stronger preference on the matter.

If you're trying to see if a Fender Tele can play metal, then you should be asking if a PRS can play country.
I haven't owned my PRS for long yet sir. But so far, I could say that my S2 is versatile enough to play anything I throw at it. Unfortunately, I don't play country.

Thanks for your comment!

Here’s the deal. I come here to read, ogle and discuss all things PRS with like minded PRS fans. That’s pretty much why the forum was started. There’s plenty of other forums out there that are general gear forums to discuss any and all. I don’t have issue with things like pedals, strap locks, accessories, etc -things that PRS doesn’t make- being posted in the general section. Or even other sections as they relate to PRS guitars or amps.

So if there were \m/ pickups in the Tele, it’s relevant on the forum. Or a comparison of a Brent Mason or Vela to a Tele...cool, that makes sense here. Tele thru an MT-15? Sure! I think it’s just preferable to have gear specific posts connected to the brand of the company who provides us with the place to hang out. I mean, I ain’t goin’ to the Fender forum to post stuff about my McCarty because A) it doesn’t make sense (or cents for Fender) B) most die hard Fender people probably don’t give a sh!t.

Here’s the deal. I come here to read, ogle and discuss all things PRS with like minded PRS fans. That’s pretty much why the forum was started. There’s plenty of other forums out there that are general gear forums to discuss any and all. I don’t have issue with things like pedals, strap locks, accessories, etc -things that PRS doesn’t make- being posted in the general section. Or even other sections as they relate to PRS guitars or amps.

So if there were \m/ pickups in the Tele, it’s relevant on the forum. Or a comparison of a Brent Mason or Vela to a Tele...cool, that makes sense here. Tele thru an MT-15? Sure! I think it’s just preferable to have gear specific posts connected to the brand of the company who provides us with the place to hang out. I mean, I ain’t goin’ to the Fender forum to post stuff about my McCarty because A) it doesn’t make sense (or cents for Fender) B) most die hard Fender people probably don’t give a sh!t.

To counter this, I (and I assume others) don’t post a lot of stuff here because of the conflict with PRS branded items. There’s times I’d like to discuss how I use my PRS guitar with my non-PRS amplifier, but I don’t because this place makes it awkward.

Basically, I come here to look at pictures of PRS, but if I actually want information about how to use a PRS I look elsewhere.

To counter this, I (and I assume others) don’t post a lot of stuff here because of the conflict with PRS branded items. There’s times I’d like to discuss how I use my PRS guitar with my non-PRS amplifier, but I don’t because this place makes it awkward.

Basically, I come here to look at pictures of PRS, but if I actually want information about how to use a PRS I look elsewhere.

That’s an unfortunate byproduct.

Back