Calling all Tim Mahoney SE owners! The 7th washer SE!!

ChrisCst22

I'm sure that got some attention. Washer what!? What washer!? Yep after over a year of owning my TM SE I've noticed there is an extra washer used on the B string.

imagetpg.jpg

What's the deal with this huh? It must be used to add strength to the "B"onic sub frequencies. Those even order harmonics which cause the entire guitar to vibrate and sing. If removed the guitar will most likely sound like plank wood and snap in half. I'm sure if it. :D

In all seriousness. Anyone else have this on an SE?

just went and looked at mine and no, not a single double washer. looks like youre one up on PRS :)

And now we know why there is no Experience this year.

I'm sure that got some attention. Washer what!? What washer!? Yep after over a year of owning my TM SE I've noticed there is an extra washer used on the B string.

imagetpg.jpg

What's the deal with this huh? It must be used to add strength to the "B"onic sub frequencies. Those even order harmonics which cause the entire guitar to vibrate and sing. If removed the guitar will most likely sound like plank wood and snap in half. I'm sure if it. :D

In all seriousness. Anyone else have this on an SE?
That makes no sense. It doesn't raise the string height (if that was the goal.)
My guess the factory worker put two on by accident, and they don't have time to make it right.
Somewhere, there's a new PRS with only 5 washers.

That's a 'Friday' guitar... washers stuck together and no one noticed...except you ;)
Just remove one washer next time you change strings...no big deal....

It's PRS' version of the postage stamp that was printed upside-down and is now worth millions.

You're now rich beyond belief, and all due to that washer! Leave it on there!

Plus if you become famous, the reissue of your guitar will have to have the extra washer to be authentic.

Back