Best way to block PRS tremolo

Jimcu24

Hi

I am going to get the trem on my custom 24 blocked off but was just wondering what the best way to do it was. I've got these options

1) Screw the bridge down to the body (but I'm worried about it eventually damaging finish or making it play not as good, as they are designed to have the bridge 1.6mm(?) above body)
2) My tech reckoned 5 springs and a block of wood behind trem block would do it
3) Either two blocks of woods one in front and one in back of the tremolo block so keep it immobile, or coins as some people use.

What do you guys think? I don't really use the trem much and i prefer tuning stability over use of the trem, plus I like to rest my hand on the bridge playing which obviously alters pitch!

cheers guys!

I've done number two, as well...(regularly, OK, did I just type that...LOL)...I would check and make sure the bridge sits as it normally does after installing the block behind the trem in the rear cavity.

I tried all your methods on my custom22 and frankly, using tremol no was the best all-around solution.
It let you turn into full floating within seconds, doesn't damage the top or cavity of the guitar and it's reversible.
Also, tone-wise, I was hearing weird overtones while using money coins or wood blocks.

Back