Anyone Watch that Geddy Lee show on Paramount+?

sergiodeblanc

It’s four episodes of Geddy meeting up with bass players and mildly talking about bass.

It’s not great… but it passes as entertainment, and it’s cool to see Geddy have a show.

Highlights are Robert Trujillo and Geddy playing Jaco’s bass, and the story about Robert getting it back to the family.

The Mellisa Auf der Maur episode is… depressing, actually.

I tried canceling Paramount+ a while back but they offered me 2 more months free so I kept it. So, I watched all 4 episodes (about 20 minutes each). I'm a huge Rush fan and I found it...um... well, I'm just not sure why the show was made. I mean, it was entertaining enough. It was just a very slight show and as much as I like Geddy, interviewing people is not his strength. I mean, he's a super nice guy, and the show is... nice. I guess?

I concluded that he's just bored out of his mind not being in Rush any longer. Somebody find this man a band!

Now, what I'd pay Paramount+ money for is a show with Geddy and Alex drinking and then interviewing other musicians, who would also be drinking. That's entertainment!

I tried canceling Paramount+ a while back but they offered me 2 more months free so I kept it. So, I watched all 4 episodes (about 20 minutes each). I'm a huge Rush fan and I found it...um... well, I'm just not sure why the show was made. I mean, it was entertaining enough. It was just a very slight show and as much as I like Geddy, interviewing people is not his strength. I mean, he's a super nice guy, and the show is... nice. I guess?

I concluded that he's just bored out of his mind not being in Rush any longer. Somebody find this man a band!

Now, what I'd pay Paramount+ money for is a show with Geddy and Alex drinking and then interviewing other musicians, who would also be drinking. That's entertainment!
This was on CBS Sunday Morning last weekend. Sounds like there is a shred of hope...........

Back