Another Soapy joins the Family

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
Kenai Tier 1
My Bring back the Soapies campaign has a new warrior ! When I saw this , it was instant love for many reasons, the Lollar P90's of course , love the satin finish and color , inlays .. but the big one .. the Kenai is a peninsula south of Anchorage where I group up , home to the best Salmon , Moose, and Halibut in the world . I spent many happy days there , the teal color and quilt looks VERY much like the river with it's glacial silt .. I know Joe had many fine years at PRS and have a friend with one of his that loves it , so I thought I 'd give it a try ..

llzni7pdkzrvtcaxpuat.jpg

Last edited:
That is stunning. Congrats! I've spent a small amount of time up in Alaska and loved it. Of course, I was able to leave before the winter hit :)

Beautiful. I’ve been holding out for a PRS SC 594 Soapy. This opens a whole new world for me. Please report back after you’ve spent some time with it.

the J is the plain jane version .. do they rock ? of course it's a Soapy ..
but also sweet

She just arrived , thanks UPS for an early delivery ! on Friday the 13th in Rocktober ... got 2 love it

Feel ? it reminds me very much of my rosewood neck Singlecut in feel , the satin mahogany neck will give rosewood a run any day . The Tone ? the Lollar's sound very much like the PRS/ Duncans . The quality .. .well Joe signed this one and it was a custom order .. it's impeccable and yet so subdued , the morning star inlays are cool , the rosewood fb is delicious. No regrets .. she's a keeper . 8 lbs exactly .. Much more comfortable than my '55 LP

Last edited:
Gigged with her last night .. amazing . the neck is just the best .. now thinking of the semi hollow . it's a shame PRS doesn't make the 594 SC anymore ..

Last edited:
Back