Another New Piece. Neologue.

This for me is a very astral piece, that’s how it touches my imagination.

Beautiful work as always Les.

This for me is a very astral piece, that’s how it touches my imagination.

Beautiful work as always Les.

Thanks! It's interesting that you mention this. I had only abstract musical notes in mind, as opposed to specific story or imagery.

Maybe it's the abstraction that puts you into that place?

I really need to play guitar more, but I keep doing THIS stuff! :p

Edit: Newly fixed in a few areas. Punchier Mix, too.

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/neologic-iii

Beautiful!

I know what you mean - I have an injury that prevents me from playing guitar for any significant length of time (over 15 minutes) so I have also started composing orchestral/cinematic pieces (although, right now, I have about 20 intros but no completed songs - perhaps I should combine them all into one magnum opus lol)

Thanks! It's interesting that you mention this. I had only abstract musical notes in mind, as opposed to specific story or imagery.

Maybe it's the abstraction that puts you into that place?

Yes - this is labeled as "absolute music" -- I have friends who always ask me what my compositions mean and I always tell them the meaning is in the music itself - they are usually not satisfied with that answer

Beautiful!

I know what you mean - I have an injury that prevents me from playing guitar for any significant length of time (over 15 minutes) so I have also started composing orchestral/cinematic pieces (although, right now, I have about 20 intros but no completed songs - perhaps I should combine them all into one magnum opus lol)

It'd be fun to hear your intros! Most of mine are merely intros, too.

Yes - this is labeled as "absolute music" -- I have friends who always ask me what my compositions mean and I always tell them the meaning is in the music itself - they are usually not satisfied with that answer

For me, it's a little different most of the time, because I do score to picture, or imagine a scene when I don't have picture. But this time, I'm 100% with you.

And you're right - few are satisfied with that answer!

Did I mention that I'd love to hear your work?

It'd be fun to hear your intros! Most of mine are merely intros, too.

For me, it's a little different most of the time, because I do score to picture, or imagine a scene when I don't have picture. But this time, I'm 100% with you.

And you're right - few are satisfied with that answer!

Did I mention that I'd love to hear your work?

I will create a thread with some of my recent works in progress (along with my amateurish attempts to make visualizers in Apple Motion to accompany the music)

Ahhhh so you score to film - you are way more advanced than I am :)

Ahhhh so you score to film - you are way more advanced than I am :)

I've been scoring to picture since 1990, but it's been mostly ads, a few documentaries, a couple films and TV projects. Nothing earth shattering. It's how I pay the rent.

Doesn't mean I'm more advanced than you are. It's just an acquired skill. I marvel at folks who get into it and hit a home run the very first time.

I've been scoring to picture since 1990, but it's been mostly ads, a few documentaries, a couple films and TV projects. Nothing earth shattering. It's how I pay the rent.

Doesn't mean I'm more advanced than you are. It's just an acquired skill. I marvel at folks who get into it and hit a home run the very first time.

WOW - that is a nice long career

I posted my works in progress (be gentle lol)

Methinks one day soon I’ll be at the movies and the credits will read musical score by LSchefman. Nice job.

Thanks! To score films, I'm in the wrong place, though I do the occasional indie film (one just won a best picture award at a festival, of all things). But you've heard my stuff on lots of ads over the years. Mostly popular music styles, however, not orchestral.

I changed it again and posted a new mix. Sorry! Forgot to post a new link. Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/neologic-ii
Very nice as usual Mr. Les! The part that really caught my attention was from 1:40 to about 1:50!! You moved to some changes that made my head snap to the screen to see where it was on the timeline!!! Would you mind sharing what stuff you did there chord wise? Would love to know because it very much fit but seemed very different at the same time ;~)) Thanks for sharing!

Very nice as usual Mr. Les! The part that really caught my attention was from 1:40 to about 1:50!! You moved to some changes that made my head snap to the screen to see where it was on the timeline!!! Would you mind sharing what stuff you did there chord wise? Would love to know because it very much fit but seemed very different at the same time ;~)) Thanks for sharing!

I haven't got the slightest idea what the chord structure is! I don't write by playing or thinking chord structure. I do it instrumental section by section, one note/instrumental line at a time until it sounds interesting.

I found that thinking chordally resulted in stuff that was too predictable.

You'll be happy to know this music is 100% theory-free. :p

Back