Am I an alien? - What's wrong with me?

Never seen anything like that before except pics of people with frostbite!

If I have a little bit of skin peeling on my tips then they'll discolour a little but that's just dirt build up in the dead skin.

Is that discolouration on your palms as well or is it just lighting?

Never seen anything like that before except pics of people with frostbite!

If I have a little bit of skin peeling on my tips then they'll discolour a little but that's just dirt build up in the dead skin.

Is that discolouration on your palms as well or is it just lighting?

Just the lighting. Although the side of my picking hand will also dirty up some but not as much as my fretting hand.

OP- I get that a bit on the tips. I actually stopped and showed my wife last night. That was after all day playing acoutics with my son and after that electric with new strings, for a couple of hours. ;)

If I remember to wipe the strings down right after I finish playing it seems to help.

That's all the blackmetal you've been playing. The evil powers that run through you condensate on your fingers. Might have been worse...

I can't help it. Immortal rules!

OP- I get that a bit on the tips. I actually stopped and showed my wife last night. That was after all day playing acoutics with my son and after that electric with new strings, for a couple of hours. ;)

If I remember to wipe the strings down right after I finish playing it seems to help.

If I play for more than a few minutes the guitar gets a wipe down. It does help some.

Admittedly the pictures I posted initially were worst case. I think it's from sweat doing something to the strings. I normally play guitar in my music room and keep plenty of the PRS branded cloths laying around to wipe of the guitars neck, fingerboard and strings periodically as I play. As I recall is was pretty hot that day and I was in the kitchen trying out my Yamaha THR10 and didn't have cloths on me so I didn't get any wipe downs and I played though I was rocking long sleeves.

Here's a shot from today after about 2 hours of play time. It was pretty cool in my room and I didn't wipe down the neck while playing cause of the rosewood neck nut feeling gunky like my nitro necks after some shred time.

See that MA Pete. Pretty clean huh?! Chicago here I come!

photo.JPG

Admittedly the pictures I posted initially were worst case. I think it's from sweat doing something to the strings. I normally play guitar in my music room and keep plenty of the PRS branded cloths laying around to wipe of the guitars neck, fingerboard and strings periodically as I play. As I recall is was pretty hot that day and I was in the kitchen trying out my Yamaha THR10 and didn't have cloths on me so I didn't get any wipe downs and I played though I was rocking long sleeves.

Here's a shot from today after about 2 hours of play time. It was pretty cool in my room and I didn't wipe down the neck while playing cause of the rosewood neck nut feeling gunky like my nitro necks after some shred time.

See that MA Pete. Pretty clean huh?! Chicago here I come!

photo.JPG

Chicago trip is BACK ON!! :D

Back