Almost to Cu24

stevekafasi

Hello dear sirs,

ı'm about to but a new guitar and it is PRS Cu24 "obsidian green"

It's Serial No is : 18 252233 (writed with pencil to back of headstock)

unfortunately, owner has no sufficient information about guitar.

what can you say about that ? when ı search at internet, ı saw some obsidian green but they are 35 anniversary.. this is not .

also ım just consufed becasue actually ı thinked to buy ebmm majesty.. ı can take your opinion..

thank you in advance.

regards.

Hello dear sirs,

ı'm about to but a new guitar and it is PRS Cu24 "obsidian green"

It's Serial No is : 18 252233 (writed with pencil to back of headstock)

unfortunately, owner has no sufficient information about guitar.

what can you say about that ? when ı search at internet, ı saw some obsidian green but they are 35 anniversary.. this is not .

also ım just consufed becasue actually ı thinked to buy ebmm majesty.. ı can take your opinion..

thank you in advance.

regards.
Write to PRS Customer service and ask them to tell you the specs associated with that serial number. If anything does not match up, look further as they (PRS CS) are not always 100% accurate in their stored information. Either way, best of luck with your new purchase!!

Actually ı asked them waiting response..
Write to PRS Customer service and ask them to tell you the specs associated with that serial number. If anything does not match up, look further as they (PRS CS) are not always 100% accurate in their stored information. Either way, best of luck with your new purchase!!

The “written in pencil” part concerns me.

Sorry for my poor english:)

But , if you could not understand that mean... ım sorry for you

I think what Deepender is getting at is the serial numbers are usually in black or gold ink, not pencil. I assume that you mean it's handwritten, not actually in pencil. If it's actually in pencil, I'd move on from this one.

Cu24 or EBMM Majesty? I have owned both and they are very different guitars.

I personally to not get on with the Majesty neck profiles but they are amazing sounding and playing instruments. I have owned 3 (2 of which were BFR) and the necks have all been very sensitive to changes in the atmosphere, it was not uncommon for me to be tweaking the truss rods on a daily basis. EBMM QC is no where near that of PRS in my limited experience, even on BFR.

I think what Deepender is getting at is the serial numbers are usually in black or gold ink, not pencil. I assume that you mean it's handwritten, not actually in pencil. If it's actually in pencil, I'd move on from this one.
could you please help me how can ı upload pic with url?

could you please help me how can ı upload pic with url?
Here is a link ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/ ) to a post that details several different solutions for uploading your pix. To summarize, keep the following in mind:

1. Ensure that it is a https path (if it is not, it will vary from person to person whether or not their system will display the picture)
2. It MUST end in a image file extension (jpg, jpeg, png, gif, etc)

If you need any further assistance, PM me with some specifics and I will help you out!

Last edited:
we dont need to upload photo anymore .. cuz PRS customservise mailed to me, you can see below.

Serial# 18 252233 is a 2018 Custom 24, with a Flame Maple top, Mahogany neck with a Wide-Thin profile, Katalox fretboard with bird inlays, gen 3 tremolo bridge, 85/15 treble and bass pickups, finished in Charcoal Jade Burst, with nickel hardware

ı never heard "katalox" before..

The Custom 24 is a a great guitar. Very versatile and one of my favorites. If you end up getting it post a pic, we'd love to see it!

Back