2012 Hollowbody II - mitigate treble loss when using guitar volume knob?

Stone Driver

Greetings! Long time lurker but first time post. I have a 2012 HB II (with piezo) that I love dearly, absolutely incredible guitar. I use my guitar volume knob a lot live for both dynamic effects and cleaning up a dirty amp. When doing this with the HB II, I have been losing quite a bit of treble from my tone when rolling back my guitar volume knob (particularly on the neck), and was curious if anyone here might have some recommended ways to mitigate this?

I have treble bleed mods in my strats that work incredibly well, but didn't know if something similar might be a potential fix. Appreciate any specific brands or component values to those who have had good luck in correcting please, thanks again.

In this forum we require pictures of your guitar before we're willing to help at all.:D

I'm kidding of course! As far as I know all core PRS guitars have always featured a treble bleed cap on the volume. So you already should have a "solution" to your problem, however it doesn't sound like it's working the way you would like it to. I'm not a wiring expert so hopefully someone can chime in but it sounds like changing the value of your cap may get you better results.

Back