2007 PRS Single Cut with Seymour Duncan SH5/Dimebuckers

GalvestonGuy

Just arrived in beautiful condition and with the original pups in the case. Does this sound like a heavy metal setup ? Thanks for any thoughts.

I really struggle trying to post pictures on this site. The actual serial number for my Black new single cut begins with an H.
I hope you are seeing just one picture that shows the Seymour Duncan pups. I think the Bridge is the Dimebucker & the neck is the SH-5. Thanks for anyone's thoughts.

Last edited:
Sorry. I also got confused my se singlecut starts with a k and mine is a 2011. Either way a beautiful guitar. And I happen to love the stock pickups. I do happen to think the sh5 are a bit more geared towards metal but only if your heavy on the distortion. I have a sh6 duncan distortion on the bridge of an old epiphone les Paul but I can get classic rock and even bluesy tone from it by dialing back the gain. Good luck. Enjoy.

Thanks Mark, I appreciate your input : ) I've also got a stock SE Tremonti Custom coming. Both are in the single cut style & it will be interesting to see how they compare. I'm really impressed with the SE line bang for the buck : )

Last edited:
Hey, I don't know what Duncan's are in there, but I can tell you with certainty the bridge isn't a Dimebucker (rail pickup) and the neck isn't an SH5 Custom. The bridge might be a Custom,but you would hhave pop it out and look.

PRS%20Singlecut%20SE%20Moon.jpg-1_zpsnykimejg.jpg

Thanks for that input. The guy I bought it from said his tech told him the bridge was a Custom & the neck was a Dimebucker. I looked on the S/D site and the Dime was solid black & the Custom was two toned. I then thought, he just had it backwards.

Last edited:
Back