You Meet The Nicest Amp People On The Forum - Tube Related

László

Too Many Notes
I call our forum's @Simon Says 'Simon the Magnificent', not only for his incredibly detailed and amazing pedalboard builds, but because he's very simply one of the nicest people on the face of the Earth.

In the course of being the champion that he is, Simon sent me some very cool NOS preamp tubes to check out. I can't install them right away due to a back problem that has restricted my lifting and moving amps around, but I can't wait. I'll post details after I've tried them out.

I simply think he deserves a shout-out for being such a great guy!

@László, the tubes went to a good home.

This forum is different from others, not only celebrating amazing guitar brand but also easy on building friendships. I have made a few friends here.

@Alnus Rubra, is the most generous and fantastic human I ever met on the internet, and I hope to meet him in person later this year on my trip to Scotland. Not only did he put a smile on my son's face and made his future plans solid, but he also sent me a surprise gift which made me speechless - a custom Soapbar guitar.

I'm lucky to be here, connecting with a bunch of legends

Last edited:
I'd agree 1000% most forums are just a bunch of bs. The folks here are real, and I respect their perspectives and experiences . Alnus, Les , Moondog and many others ... thank you .
@László, the tubes went to a good home.

This forum is different from others, not only celebrating amazing guitar brand but also easy on building friendships. I have made a few friends here.

@Alnus Rubra, is the most generous and fantastic human I ever met on the internet, and I hope to meet him in person later this year on my trip to Scotland. Not only did he put a smile on my son's face and made his future plans solid, but he also sent me a surprise gift which made me speechless - a custom Soapbar guitar.

I have to agree, @Greywolf and @Alnus Rubra are incredible folks. And there are many others here. It's a terrific forum, the only one I participate in.

Spot on. He is one of the good guys, for sure

I don't know why this has happened lately, but I've been here a few years now, and in the last few months I've had move direct conversations (PMs, emails even texts) with other members than in the previous 4-5 years combined, and it is really nice to get more direct personal contact and feel you"know" people a little better!

It's been so inspiring lately that I've been considering calling up @DISTORT6 on the phone so that we can communicate in person that Xichigan sucks! (And, hockey is for hosers!)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't know why this has happened lately, but I've been here a few years now, and in the last few months I've had move direct conversations (PMs, emails even texts) with other members than in the previous 4-5 years combined, and it is really nice to get more direct personal contact and feel you"know" people a little better!

It's been so inspiring lately that I've been considering calling up @DISTORT6 on the phone so that we can communicate in person that Xichigan sucks! (And, hockey is for hosers!)

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Only if you put on your basketball short-shorts and pull those knee high socks all the way up::)

It's been so inspiring lately that I've been considering calling up @DISTORT6 on the phone so that we can communicate in person that Xichigan sucks!

Um...Can't spell Michigan with an 'M' huh?

That's silly middle school BS. You're better than that.

However, I was serious about the tubes, I might be able to send some depending on what you could use. PM me.

Back