Yeppers, It's Out In The Wild Now-MT100!

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Demo by the man himself:

Interesting. I did not hear the D type tones of say the Louis Electric Cobra at all. I was really hoping this was somewhere close... Perhaps more demo's will be made soon (I'm looking for @bryanewald !) that bring out some more legit D tones. If so, I'm really interested.

Just got an email on this, and I know a lot of people were asking for a higher powered version. More power to them… literally!

Just put in a pre-order at Sweetwater! Pretty excited!
I just noticed, though, that it uses a 7-Pin DIN cable and that may not work with my Voodoo Lab PX-8 Effects Loop Switcher and Control Switcher which is what I use with the MT15. Hopefully I can figure out a way to make it all work. I would hate to go back to pedal dancing again.

Just listened again. The second channel does sound good and a medium gain channel may make it a "must have" option for many, given it's tonal range. It definitely makes the amp WAY more versatile than say the MT15. I was just REALLY hoping that the massive delay caused by adding the third channel was going to result in a very Cobra-like channel. Mark is happy that it sounds like "his" Dumble, and we don't know what his version is, as they are all different. It does sound good though.

Just listened again. The second channel does sound good and a medium gain channel may make it a "must have" option for many, given it's tonal range. It definitely makes the amp WAY more versatile than say the MT15. I was just REALLY hoping that the massive delay caused by adding the third channel was going to result in a very Cobra-like channel. Mark is happy that it sounds like "his" Dumble, and we don't know what his version is, as they are all different. It does sound good though.

I wish I could dig up the listing but there was a dumble that was advertised as his in the high 200 serial range which I believe was an EL34 HRM amp.

Wow, my first thought was this could be a lifer. Second thought was good value, but too much for me. Third thought was, I think that’s less than I paid for my Mark v 25. And finally, I’m a home player. I need a 100w head like I need a box of rocks. I need the 50 watt Archon I’m currently pining over like a box of rocks as well, but that’s a little more practical, right?

Seriously, it seems a cool amp. I saw the Premiere Guitar rig rundown unveiling a couple weeks ago.

I have gone down the PRS amp road a number of times owning - MT 15, C, H and have played most others.

I WANT to like them but....I am more of a hot rodded M guy and they have been a miss for me.

I have two Friedman amps and one Marshall currently. My Helix is the only thing I use for gigs and practice.

Oh boy, it's here!

Same weight as the Archon. That's fantastic. I was worried about that part.

4.5 inches wider. Understandable, but this is not ideal for me. I built 2 custom speaker cabinets that are the same width as my Archon. An amp that's 4.5 inches wider won't sit very well on top of them.

I need to play one to decide on the middle channel. I'm guessing that will be the deal breaker for me. Mark says it's versatile; let's hope so. I really want it to sound like a Mesa Boogie California Tweed. If it can get that kind of super smooth overdrive, I'm in. If it can only do a grittier overdrive, I'm not so sure if it's for me.

8 preamp tubes o_O

Just put in a pre-order at Sweetwater! Pretty excited!
I just noticed, though, that it uses a 7-Pin DIN cable and that may not work with my Voodoo Lab PX-8 Effects Loop Switcher and Control Switcher which is what I use with the MT15. Hopefully I can figure out a way to make it all work. I would hate to go back to pedal dancing again.
The 5150 III Stealth uses a DIN cable, I use a Control Switcher with a DIN cable to switch it via MIDI. Hopefully, with a correct schematic, this can work with the MT100.

I wish I could dig up the listing but there was a dumble that was advertised as his in the high 200 serial range which I believe was an EL34 HRM amp.
Thanks for that info. While supposedly no two are the same, this does at least put a “model” with it, and does more explain the tones I heard. (Do you agree?). And, a great mid gain channel is always a great addition to a great high gain amp with a great clean channel. No question there. I was just hoping for more 183 tones.

The 5150 III Stealth uses a DIN cable, I use a Control Switcher with a DIN cable to switch it via MIDI. Hopefully, with a correct schematic, this can work with the MT100.
There will be a way to make it work. Might be a custom cable if anything like the OG Archon, but I’ve controlled my channel switching and loop with multiple midi devices including the control switcher. Hopefully they made it fairly simple. Mark himself is switching it live one way or another.

Back