Yeah, so six years ago today...this happened.

That’s like.....some game of thrones braveheart gladiator 300 level sh!t man

“Strength and Honor”

Scott, man...it does my heart well to know you have perspective from these experiences. And you use it to lift a lot of people up around here. That’s your gift to us. Thank you!

A friend of mine had a similar experience and he’s currently staring at the corner of the hospital room, sucking air, and that’s it...3 years later. My half-empty cup of coffee knows more about its existence. You hit the flippin’ lottery and aren’t blowing it on hookers and slot machines. I second Sergio’s sentiments.

You are too kind my brother! Thanks dude.

That’s like.....some game of thrones braveheart gladiator 300 level sh!t man

“Strength and Honor”
Mcy7qt7.jpg

:D

I once had a friend who was not a guitar player and never intended to be, slide out of his bike at about 80 on a Texas country road. He didn't break a thing, but the road rash was epic to the point of him not being able to move while everything dried up and got tight. He was in excruciating pain until it started to peel. NO helmet, no leather, no boots, no sense. I think it took him about 3 months to finally be able to move without pain or surface pain of scab and dig... It was ugly.

I am glad however that you survived relatively intact...

In 1991, I was on holiday on the Greek Island of Kos.

I got talking to a Welsh family, Mum, Dad, Son and his girlfriend.

One evening the son walks through the hotel and I see he has a bandage on his chest. I asked him if he was ok.

His reply was that he had been riding a motorbike on one of the roads and he had mis-judged a corner. The foot pedal had caught the ground, catapulting him off the bike. Unfortunately for him, he was only wearing shorts and flip flops! He landed on the road, skinning his nipple (can’t remember which one!) completely off. He went to the local hospital and the first thing the Nurse did to treat him was to place a piece of cotton wool, heavily soaked on Iodine, onto his wound!

Moral of the story, wrap up on leathers and wear a helmet!

In 1991, I was on holiday on the Greek Island of Kos.

I got talking to a Welsh family, Mum, Dad, Son and his girlfriend.

One evening the son walks through the hotel and I see he has a bandage on his chest. I asked him if he was ok.

His reply was that he had been riding a motorbike on one of the roads and he had mis-judged a corner. The foot pedal had caught the ground, catapulting him off the bike. Unfortunately for him, he was only wearing shorts and flip flops! He landed on the road, skinning his nipple (can’t remember which one!) completely off. He went to the local hospital and the first thing the Nurse did to treat him was to place a piece of cotton wool, heavily soaked on Iodine, onto his wound!

Moral of the story, wrap up on leathers and wear a helmet!

WERD! Safety first! Especially when it comes to a helmet...yeah, the good ones are relatively expensive...but...I have yet to see one that costs as much as a world class brain surgeon. Let that sink in folks.

I was decked out in all the goodstuff, as usual, (with the exception of my jeans) and the only meat I left behind was the two "golf ball sized" road rash burns...on my knee-caps...which ran a close second, only to my ribs and sternum in the "excruciating pain" category during the recovery process.

Yeah so, I HIGHLY DO NOT recommend the experience...;)

Last edited:
Back