Wooden Pickup Covers

I have a Dunable with wooden pickup covers and I haven't noticed too much of a high-end roll-off like you'd expect. Overall cool feature!

- Garrett

Ok, here’s the skinny for anyone who may run into this in the future. John Guilford who supplied the pickup covers, Matt King at the PTC and I were all under the impression that the PRS core pickups have a 49.2mm string spacing, the same as the Seymour Duncan standard spacing and many Gibson pickups, when in fact after I talked to Matt and told him I was having a problem with the custom covers I bought not fitting my 57/08 pickups; Matt said he would check and get back to me. What Matt found out is the core pickups have a 49.3mm string spacing, about .011” wider then 49.2mm. Coupled with the larger head size of the PRS pole screws that I measured at .203” vs. .191” inch for a Duncan it throws off the spacing by about .021” doesn’t sound like much but the covers I bought were never going to fit these pickups. Thank’s to Matt, he was really quick to provide me with the spacing info and to John Guilford for answering every message I sent and an immediate return on the covers which I didn’t take advantage of, these covers are so nice I’m keeping them.
If anybody would like to see any pictures let me know, I took a bunch.

Good to hear you’re on the road to getting this sorted

Yah, this was an unplanned bump in my PRS road. I’m usually drawn more to the plainer looking guitars, the ones without much bling. When you looked at this guitar your eyes would immediately focus on the brushed gold covers and cream pickup surrounds of the 57/08’s, I wanted to bring out the wood top more. I’ll post some before and after pictures when I’m done making some changes to it’s aesthetics.

Back