Wishbone Ash

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I remember this group from the 70s, but I never really listened to them, so I will have to get caught up and listen to some of their stuff.

Recently in one of my guitar mags I read they had an interview with the guy who plays the V.
Found this video just now, pretty good guitar solo from the guy with the LP.
Slow and melodic like.

Anyone remember these guy's?

Here is a really old one from '73.

I worked on a couple of projects with Laurie Wisefield of Wishbone Ash in the late 90s. Here he is in the studio in Paris. Great player, superb guy. One of my favorite sessions ever. The clients were so excited over one of his solos they stood up, applauded and lit their lighters (yeah, iPhones didn't exist then, people used their lighters at concerts).

Then they told him to play it like I did on the demo. Which of course, made no sense, since my demos were place-holders, and his solo was amazing.

Clients...

Last edited:
Yes, definitely worth checking out, an imaginary friend* of mine turned me onto them only recently (well, 10 years ago now), and they're not one of those bands that have a "heyday" -- even their later albums are just as good as their early ones.

'Imaginary friend' == anyone I consider myself to be friends with that I haven't met in real life.

Back