When You DON'T Reach For Your PRS, What Do You Reach For?

I reach for this relic-T most of the time, sort of a polar opposite to my PRSi.
10380535_660760230684745_5535557106286158115_o.jpg

Oh, that's right, I also did a play-through of it... The neck pickup is a Charlie Christian model these days though,
needed more clarity than a hum could provide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, that's right, I also did a play-through of it... The neck pickup is a Charlie Christian model these days though,

Nice playing and tones. Thanks for posting it.
My next tele HAS to have a hum in the neck position. I just cant get along with single coil tele neck pups, and I have tried everything.

For me its an R8, or one of these.. (Johnny Smith and a 359)

IMG_0430b_zps7c268157.jpg

IMG_0422b_zps573e06e5.jpg

These days, it is usually a mexi-strat - different tones from what I get out of any of my PRSi. Might be the LP Deluxe (mini humbuckers), occasionally the tele or Godin Freeway Classic.

All I have is my SE and a cheap jasmine acoustic on loan from the local Vet Center... so my choices are kinda limited. Some day I hope to have more choices, maybe find a decent LP and a tele.

My Mario Martin T-Style or my Gibson R7 Goldtop usually. Sometimes I'll grab the RS Guitarworks TeeByrd for something a little different!

Dudenbostel dread. Looks like any other acoustic but plays better than just about any 6 string steel acoustic. I bought mine at least 3rd hand and I am a big fan.

For Guitars,...all in...PRS. (Swamps/McSoapies/513's/etc...
However, when I move to the bass section...Spector . Have a couple 5 strings. These are the latest of his NY made basses. Love bolt-on neck with 35" scale. Especially for the low B.
Eventually, may swap a couple loaded with EMGs with Barts.
At some point, may trade for a GG5...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Richard, I'm in awe of the tastiness and precision of your playing. It's just wonderful!

Tone's great, too. :congrats:

Richard, I'm in awe of the tastiness and precision of your playing. It's just wonderful!

Tone's great, too. :congrats:

For sure! That ascending lick at about 1:04 is especially great.

I've been playing my new SE One so much lately, but when I pick up my Tele it still brings a big smile to my face.

Back