When was the core level Standard 24 dropped?

CivoLee

I had to recently part with my 92 Standard for various reasons :(

When selling it, I ran into some issues regarding its age so I've vowed not to spend over 800 dollars on any guitar older than 15 years, which would make the cutoff 2009. But I really want to get another core PRS sometime this year and a Standard 24 would be more attainable than a Custom 24. Reverb says 2014, but I've never seen one older than 2007. It would really be nice if PRS had something like a catalog archive on their site.

I've set a budget ceiling of 5K but I barely have enough to make a down payment on an SE saved so far, plus I'm also saving to move...

Just looked at the archive. 2009 was the last of the Standards
What archive? From the Model History:

STANDARD: 1987 - 2014. See ‘PRS’.

Maybe they started winding down production in 2009 but still produced them in limited quantities until 2014...

What archive? From the Model History:

STANDARD: 1987 - 2014. See ‘PRS’.

Maybe they started winding down production in 2009 but still produced them in limited quantities until 2014...

As I mentioned, they produced them for KID market after they stopped selling them domestically.

Interesting...it looks like after the 20th Anniversary Standard 24s they phased out the gloss finished models and made only satin finished Standards.

I remember that PRS released a slew of satin models in the mid 2000s. I always thought that whomever came up with the name Singlecut Standard Soapbar Satin needed to go back to marketing school...

Back